Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This fracas that Clarkson had

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do YOU pronounce it?

Frakass or Fracar or other?

I have always thought it was a Fracar, but then I thought it was aitch and now I find it's Haitch :shrug:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
How do YOU pronounce it?

I have always thought it was a Fracar, but then I thought it was aitch and now I find it's Haitch :shrug:

:rant: JUST NO

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Pronounced fracar

But then I was shocked when I learned that some people pronounce herbs as erbs. As in erbs and spices. Sounds so wrong. I think its an american thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How do YOU pronounce it?

Your English is shocking - it's fracas! You know, like a brouhaha that's turned into a melee.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Let's move the debate up a notch..........

Scones.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did you find this out from a ****wit?

Just about every person I speak to who is under 30 says Haitch, including a couple of teachers they can't all be ****wits can they?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just about every person I speak to who is under 30 says Haitch, including a couple of teachers they can't all be ****wits can they?

Yes. Yes they can.

Some posho on Radio 4 yesterday was pronouncing frak-arse - had me in stitches

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Pronounced fracar

But then I was shocked when I learned that some people pronounce herbs as erbs. As in erbs and spices. Sounds so wrong. I think its an american thing.

Think they're bring clever, tried it with 'line' and now changing to the proper word 'queue'...why they bother nicking our language and changing a few bits is beyond me....next up should be 'sidewalk' a travesty, do you HAVE to walk on it and what if it's not on the side...oh and they are weakening on using 'football' for the proper game also

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Think they're bring clever, tried it with 'line' and now changing to the proper word 'queue'...why they bother nicking our language and changing a few bits is beyond me....next up should be 'sidewalk' a travesty, do you HAVE to walk on it and what if it's not on the side...oh and they are weakening on using 'football' for the proper game also

TOOsday for Tuesday
TOOna for Tuna

Erbs is a doozy though. I can't get me noggin round that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here