Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2329104_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
09:47 12th March 2015
by James Hilsum
I’m really looking forward to it; it’s going to be a great occasion for myself to lead the team out."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says his side will have a point to prove ahead of tonight's Sussex Challenge Cup Final against Chichester City at Culver Road, kick-off 7.30pm.The Seagulls were beaten 3-0 by the Lillywhites in last year’s final and Marrs says his players will have all the motivation they need ahead of the game.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really looking forward to it; it’s going to be a great occasion for myself to lead the team out.
“The girls that were involved last year spoke about making sure they put in a better performance this time round and for the girls that weren’t, it’s another cup final for them to go out and win.
“The players love these occasions, playing in finals in front of big crowds and hopefully that will give us an extra push to go on and win the trophy.”
Marrs expects a tough test from Chichester on the night and believes they will be desperate to retain the trophy they won against the odds.
“They’ll be well organised, will provide us with a physical battle and will do everything they can to win at all costs.
“We have to be prepared to match them with our work on and off the ball, otherwise it could be a really difficult evening for us and the girls are aware of that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Finally, the Albion manager is calling on Seagulls fans to turn up in their droves tonight to match the support from Chichester’s famously vocal ‘Green Army’ supporters.“It would be nice to have some vociferous fans there on the night as it would be really encouraging for the girls.
"The crowd will be quite big, which will only add to the atmosphere and the girls will thrive off that.
“We’ve been quite lucky to have some big crowds already this season and the girls seem to rise to the occasion.
“We’re hoping that whether the fans are ours or theirs, our players will use the atmosphere to their advantage and will be able to quieten the Green Army.
“If we can have as many Albion supporters there as possible to give us a vocal backing then that would be fantastic and the girls would love that support.”
Admission to the game is priced at £4.00 for adults and £2.00 for concessions.
[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here