Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wolves Fans Anticipating Amex Agony

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The evidence is all here. With many brave wolves shunning the trip altogether, others are expecting to queue for an hour for trains from a 'horrible, soulless ground' that of course is 'in the middle of nowhere'. And with no pubs anywhere near the ground 'The Swan is home fans only' [although it isn't], they won't be venturing into the town to drink, because it turns out that 'Brighton's a dump.'

Plenty of evidence there that the heroic efforts of the Amex PR and marketing team have yet to penetrate as far as the Black Country.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The queue to get out really is an urban myth. How many other modern stadiums have a train station about 50 metres from the stadium? Considering we often get 27-28000 people turning up, it really isn't all that bad.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
The majority of views seemed reasonable to be fair.
A couple of twats though Wolves Ultra and someone else.

I thought the general view from Wolves fans a couple of years ago was that it was a cracking day out. ( even though they were relegated)

Brighton a dump?
Love it coming from a Wolves fan.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The queue to get out really is an urban myth. How many other modern stadiums have a train station about 50 metres from the stadium? Considering we often get 27-28000 people turning up, it really isn't all that bad.

I agree with this. The transport stuff really is a myth.

I find it relatively easy to get away. So, you queue for a bit. So what? It doesn't take that long. And, if you stay behind for a pint after the game, then it takes even less time.

Although I do wish that Southern would allow all the trains in the first 30-45 minutes after the game to stop at Moulescoomb and London Road. It would ease congestion at Brighton station and would offer more choice to passengers (something the rail operators don't get). It really wouldn't snarl up timetables and could be planned in.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are two posts extolling the virtue of Crewe having a station just five minutes from the ground! They've obviously not been to the Amex where the station is alongside the stadium.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Well looks like enough of them think it is not a terrible away day seeing as they have nearly sold out. Always found Wolves a horrible place to visit with fans to match. However the season they got relegated at the Amex I four them to be a pretty reasonable bunch, shared a pint or two with them after game, quite a difference to my experience at their place.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The evidence is all here. With many brave wolves shunning the trip altogether, others are expecting to queue for an hour for trains from a 'horrible, soulless ground' that of course is 'in the middle of nowhere'. And with no pubs anywhere near the ground 'The Swan is home fans only' [although it isn't], they won't be venturing into the town to drink, because it turns out that 'Brighton's a dump.'

Plenty of evidence there that the heroic efforts of the Amex PR and marketing team have yet to penetrate as far as the Black Country.
It is isn't it? They always check tickets.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Let's face it, their last memory of the Amex wasn't that good was it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22320569
You've really done it with that link, which casually includes this: "And Brighton, who face arch-rivals Crystal Palace in their play-off semi-final next week, almost added to their misery before the end when Ashley Barnes, Jose Ulloa and Rodriguez Vicente all went close."

Just to rub in how close we were, and how much has changed....

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
The majority of views seemed reasonable to be fair.
A couple of twats though Wolves Ultra and someone else.

I thought the general view from Wolves fans a couple of years ago was that it was a cracking day out. ( even though they were relegated)

Brighton a dump?
Love it coming from a Wolves fan.
Here is what they said last visit and you are correct.
http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=81252
As far as Brighton being a dump, we know we can't possibly compare our seafront and beach compared to Wolverhampton's now can we.
Also we let their team know what they had done
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dcXNmxmYFI

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No. Martin, the Swan's landlord, has confirmed to me that they positively welcome decent away fans, which regrettably excludes supporters of Millwall, Cardiff and Leeds.

Ah, it was the Leeds game where they insisted on seeing my ticket... Carry on then!

Wolves can be a bit agro-inclined though.

Whereas Molineux is smashing.

WEeD2.jpg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

The Swan is home only, ever since Midds fans took over a large part of the bar a few seasons back.....blokes on the door/driveway nearly always check your ticket.....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Swan is home only, ever since Midds fans took over a large part of the bar a few seasons back.....blokes on the door/driveway nearly always check your ticket.....

er, no it isn't.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I guess they avoid Reading as well then with its 3 mile walk to the station, middle of nowhere and no pubs.

They are only bitter because our big screens actually work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here