Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Lee- Fine Folk Music

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Going to see him later this month: he's playing in Brighton on the 28th. Saw him last year, he's a really excellent performer and a wealth of information on the origins of the songs

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Going to see him later this month: he's playing in Brighton on the 28th. Saw him last year, he's a really excellent performer and a wealth of information on the origins of the songs

True. I saw him a couple of years ago one valentines night, and in he strode onto the shin-high stage shoelessly, with his troop of sometimes anxious twiddlers and tappers and strokers of strings. I liked the music and for the most of the time the history of each song, but I couldn't help but roll my eyes at times for his slightly faux posh hippiness, and also for members of the crowd so loudly joining in and swaying as they went - but that could be down to me being me. I'd like to see him again, if it weren't always about £20 or more to do so.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
He can sing all he likes but I'll never forgive him for letting Sami down and choosing Southampton ahead of us :jester::jester:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)

Actually I see he's on in a church in Kings Cross next Wednesday for £16.50. Tickets available, it seems. I might get a couple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here