Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Circumcision or not?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Recently a few media stories have centred around circumcision in general, particularly topical in the USA.

Who is in favour of this practice (for info, my mother wouldn't allow it) and who is against it?

Is it equivalent to female genital mutilation?

Does the health argument stand up or is that just an excuse to avoid responsibility to teach cleanliness?

My personal opinion is that it isn't your body don't cut it. I'm AGAINST

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's mutilation. In any other situation taking a knife to a child for no medical reason would be an offence but if you do it in the name of religion it seems to be ok. Surely if god is so great he would have been able to design the foreskin out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's mutilation and should be done only if there's a medical reason.

The hygiene thing is a bit of a red herring anyway, isn't it? I thought that it was popular in the US, and with various religions, as it made tommy tanking a bit trickier.

Jan 30, 2008
Recently a few media stories have centred around circumcision in general, particularly topical in the USA.

Who is in favour of this practice (for info, my mother wouldn't allow it) and who is against it?

Is it equivalent to female genital mutilation?

Does the health argument stand up or is that just an excuse to avoid responsibility to teach cleanliness?

My personal opinion is that it isn't your body don't cut it. I'm AGAINST
only on medical advice , pointless in another circumstance, yes i would say it was mutilation
regards
DR

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'm against it. I like my foreskin.

It's in a jar on my mantelpiece.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Outdated barbaric practice, one of those baseless rituals or dogmas of various religions that should have been banished long ago.

If medical necessity, OK - otherwise it's high time it was made illegal.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Vasco de Gama circumnavigated the world and he wasn't even Jewish.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Female genital mutilation is seen as unaccpetable why should male mutilation seen as more accpetable

because theres a massive difference in the procedure and consequences. as far as i can tell male circumcision is a rather pointless exercise of sheding a fairly redundant bit of skin for daft religious or dubious hygene reasons, and usually as an infant. female version means a teen having bits cut away and sewn up, leading to painful sex and complications in childbirth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A workmate of mine many years back had his bellend pierced - Prince Albert is it called - and had all sorts of infection problems and in the end they had to circumcise him. So no hood and no curtain ring in the end. Why do that ffs ?

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
A workmate of mine many years back had his bellend pierced - Prince Albert is it called - and had all sorts of infection problems and in the end they had to circumcise him. So no hood and no curtain ring in the end. Why do that ffs ?

I wonder if he saw the same drawbacks after all the rigmarole? (

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here