Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton Don't Do Boring

el punal

No, I'm not talking about the quality of some of our performances but the way that our beloved team manage to stretch out the season to achieve a nail biting conclusion.

Going back to 2001 the Albion have ended 11 of the 14 seasons by being promoted, relegated, or fighting relegation to practically the last match, or been involved in the play-offs.

Only in 3 seasons have we been "comfortable" in nearing the season's end, 2011/12 - 10th in the Championship, 2009/10 - 13th in League One, and 2007/08 - 7th in League One.

So now here we are in 2014/15 season, entering squeaky bum time yet again. Hopefully we will get enough points sooner rather than later to avoid any OMG, FFS, WTF moments. Please let it be true.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmm I've been fairly bored at a fair amount of games this season

Jimmy Grimble

Even the 07/08 season had a bit riding on it towards the end. If I remember rightly there was a slim possibility Leeds (who were in 6th/5th) could have had points deducted, which would have meant we ended up in the play offs.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
You should be 'entertained' one way or the other next Tuesday

....is the wrong answer.
CH will set up for 0-0 as usual. The players will be languid and disinterested, as usual. Millwall will have two goal efforts and score from a deflected free-kick. ( Our players deflect more shots in to their own net than any side I have ever seen ) This will be enough to beat us but never mind, we have home games coming up against Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford, which will obviously be a bountiful yield of points.
As for other issues. Millwall don't get worked up over BHA. We are way off their radar. They have given up this season. There will not be any trouble, just an exhibition of very poor football from two very poor sides.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
You should be 'entertained' one way or the other next Tuesday

Could have gone to Reading/Millwall but told the Wrong Un that the team is too FLAKY to consider wasting any more money on them.
9 hours journey for Spurs was more than enough to put me off any more away games this season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
....is the wrong answer.
CH will set up for 0-0 as usual. The players will be languid and disinterested, as usual. Millwall will have two goal efforts and score from a deflected free-kick. ( Our players deflect more shots in to their own net than any side I have ever seen ) This will be enough to beat us but never mind, we have home games coming up against Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford, which will obviously be a bountiful yield of points.
As for other issues. Millwall don't get worked up over BHA. We are way off their radar. They have given up this season. There will not be any trouble, just an exhibition of very poor football from two very poor sides.

Not necessarily..i saw enough after the home match ...and they won that

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Only in 3 seasons have we been "comfortable" in nearing the season's end, 2011/12 - 10th in the Championship, 2009/10 - 13th in League One, and 2007/08 - 7th in League One.

7th is only one place off the Play-Offs so you could argue it's only two seasons.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is a season for being boring, achieving mid-table mediocrity (which after the excrement of the first half of the season would be a genuine achievement) and retaining a proper non-flakey football man as a manager who could actually start to build something over the Summer while cutting some of the deadwood that is currently whacking the playing budget bigtime.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here