Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

who would you replace jn the summer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As opposed to the other thread who would you release either free or for a fee ready for next season?Ankergren, Fenelon,Agustein, Greer, Bruno, Calderon,Hughes,COG.

Note I havent included loans who will go back to their parent club or young DS who I dont know enough about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
As opposed to the other thread who would you release either free or for a fee ready for next season?Ankergren, Fenelon,Agustein, Greer, Bruno, Calderon,Hughes,COG.

Note I havent included loans who will go back to their parent club or young DS who I dont know enough about.
Didn't Bruno and Greer sign new contract extensions recently, or was I imagining it? Means they're pretty likely to still be here......

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Calderon - you can F*** RIGHT OFF Grandad! :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Although Bruno and Greer have contract extensions there is nothing to stop the club putting them on the transfer list or letting them leave them by mutual consent.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would like to see the following Championship quality players. should be obvious who they would replace in the current team. I think we are OK in midfield.

Two forwards
A left and right back
Two central defenders
Keeper ( I am STILL not convinced by Stockdale, a great game or two followed by a gaffe in the next game is not good enough if we want to be challenging) Too inconsistent for me although when he is good he is very good and his distribution is excellent for the most part.

That lot will cost a fortune so I'll settle for two forwards who know where the net is.

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
GK: Ankergren - keep Stockdale and Walton
D: Chicksen, Greer, Hughes - would keep Bruno, Dunk and Calderon.
M: Agustein - would keep Stephens, Kayal, Ince, Crofts, Holla, KLL and March
F: COG, CMS, Fenelon - would keep Baldock

Of the loans I would try and sign Halford and try and get Texeirra back for one more season. Don't rate Bennett, Best or Ledesma

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
Stockdale without a doubt. He only seems capable of one or two good performances before he costs us points. Yesterday being a great example. Not just the pass out to Ince, he should not have been beaten by either strike. And it keeps happening. A dodgy keeper always leads to a defence that lose confidence in themselves and this has manifested itself into reality this season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
GK: Ankergren - keep Stockdale and Walton

We need three keepers to cover for injury & illness. Ankergren is adequate at this level, and is happy to be a bench warmer. Why waste resources looking for another keeper, who may or may not want to come here?
I'd keep him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This is where I think the discord in modern football exists.

Over the last 10 years we have had many many players come and go and there are very few players who stick around and therefore one has to question the loyalty factor of modern football and all this kissing the fecking badge crap.

I would like to see a nucleus of players who are regular team members who stick around and are happy with their lot and who are only replaced with players who have to retire through age or injury and obviously those players who want to better themselves.

I would go back to the one substitute rule who is only brought on if there is an injury. In the old days, you knew who the players were, and a manager put out his best team and stuck by them through thick and thin and developed a mentality that when you joined a club, you felt you were part of that club and not just a commodity to be traded whenever the club felt like it.

Maybe I have been watching football too long as I really do hark back to the old style.

Jumpers for goalposts...mmmm..heading leather footballs...mm..what...marvellous

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I thought Hughes was here on loan from QPR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here