Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points do you think we need to secure safety?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sorry - I had created a poll, but gremlins in the works have somehow prevented it appearing. Or was it me just being a numpty somewhere.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Not points but results in two games for me, a draw or better against Millwall and Wigan and we are safe in my opinion. One of those two would then need to get 10 more points, minumum, than us over 9 games.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think 49 will probably be enough, over to you...

That requires either Wigan or Millwall to win 6 of their last 10, and for Millwall to overturn a goal difference of -25 against us. I reckon that 47 will be enough, but we need to finish strongly to take into next season and also to attract summer transfer targets. Believe that we will pass 50 points and at the end be well clear of the drop.

SAC

May 21, 2014
3 more points (43) will be enough this season or 2 points (42) if it is against 'wall and Wigan. I can't see anyone other than the bottom 3 (Blackpool, Wigan and Millwall) going down even if Birmingham are deducted 10 points.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just go for as many points as we can get. If we start off with the mind-set that we only need seven, or three, or whatever, and then fall just short we could be in trouble. Three wins and I will breathe easily, though.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I cant believe Hughton took last nights game lightly, if Millwall get a couple of wins and we dont then ....

Last nights game told Hughton that several players need to be replaced with better quality ones. 3 more wins should see us safe , we don't need to be going to Middlesbrough on the last day needing a result.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Luckily Ledesma and Halford are gone for next season.

4 wins should still be the target.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Luckily Ledesma and Halford are gone for next season.

4 wins should still be the target.
Halford has shown in previous games that he's a decent player; I'd like to see us keep him.

I still say 46 points - fewer if we avoid defeat to both Wigan and Millwall.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Halford has shown in previous games that he's a decent player; I'd like to see us keep him.

I still say 46 points - fewer if we avoid defeat to both Wigan and Millwall.
Maybe Halford is just woeful as a rightback ?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've no idea how many points we need, but I do know that it would be better to get them in the bag asap, rather than DICKING about with next season in mind, like we did last night.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As it stands, the mathematical total is 22 more points, so 7 wins + 1.

Let's hope for a good Saturday and the target reducing to 16 points.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Albion never do things the easy way, which is why I simply do not trust the club not to **** this season up totally.

Mid-table mediocrity? That will be the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here