Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the threads bashing JFC?

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Expected to come on here this morning to see lots of people saying it was his fault we lost last night.

Then a few people saying, don't be unfair its not all his fault. He has a bright future etc.

What's our average points per game with JFC starting vs when he doesn't start? I can't be bothered to work it out but somebody must be bored enough.???

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I listed for a while to the Reading commentary... didnt hear his name mentioned for the 1st 15 mins...when I listened again later, the Reading commentators were describing him as the only Brighton player displaying any quality.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
JFC didn't play well last night, but it was a collective failure yesterday not solely his fault. Everyone was crap apart from CoG who was too far away from the action to take any responsibility for the shambles behind him.

All the players left out last night were missed.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My friend (I use the term quite loosely) posted a message on Facebook saying that the defeat was all JFC's fault. He didn't go to the game of course.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Expected to come on here this morning to see lots of people saying it was his fault we lost last night.

Then a few people saying, don't be unfair its not all his fault. He has a bright future etc.

What's our average points per game with JFC starting vs when he doesn't start? I can't be bothered to work it out but somebody must be bored enough.???

Just read the match day thread - there is plenty in there.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
With all the negativity surrounding him at the minute some fans wouldn't be able to differentiate between him having a good game or a bad one. They don't seem to care because according to them although we have 11 players on the pitch it's all JFC's fault.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With all the negativity surrounding him at the minute some fans wouldn't be able to differentiate between him having a good game or a bad one. They don't seem to care because according to them although we have 11 players on the pitch it's all JFC's fault.

Didn't you know, it's always JFC, Bruno and Stockdales fault. #NSC_FACT.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Beat me to it. He got a lot of flack on there.

Yes, to embarrassing levels really. There are a string of disappointments that should be trotted out before JFC gets pilloried:

JFC hasn't really pulled up any trees but then we've had a shìt season. And anyway, to me he's a younger, cheaper Danny Holla. I had high expectations of Holla, and feel quite let down by him. He's got worse as the season has progressed. Gordon Greer has been poor all season, if only because time has caught up with him. Our strikers haven't done their job ALL season - and this isn't entirely down to Hyypia, IMO. Baldock, Colunga and COG were all utter pony before Christmas and CMS is, well, CMS.

And then there are people like Leon Best. Words fail me.

Yet JFC gets stick for being average? It's harsh.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
JFC was poor last night.

So were the rest of the team.

So was the team selection.

So was the pitch.

So was the atmosphere/crowd.

Bad day all round, let's move on now.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I thought such bashing was in 90% of threads. The haters are starting to lure me in though. I am beginning to despise a young man who isn't playing perfectly and therefore is responsible for our every failing. I plan to write a stern letter to him about the increase in fees in my local swimming baths and their moneymaking ploy of banning the bringing of one's own float. I have an excellent float, too. With a waterproof wig on it. That effing JFC!

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Im Football Manager you can get a load of stats per player like Games Won %, Games Lost % and I think even a +/- figure (number of goals team has scored whilst player on pitch less the number of goals team has scored whilst player on pitch) Same as they do in ice hockey http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plus-minus

I wonder if CH has access to such stats and what they are.

Who would have the highest +/- for us this season?

Some stats for last years Prem http://www.par-stat.com/?page_id=256

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It may be me, but I think some of the flack started when he became 'poster boy'. In fact, that seems to be a term of abuse by some critics.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Don't change a winning side unless you're forced too.

Too many changes last night, could hardly expect JFC to just slot in and play a blinder after being out for so long. Was there a reason Stephens didn't start after his fine cameo against Derby?

I'm a bit behind today, but were the changes through injury / suspension, or manager's choice?

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Warren Aspinall said on the radio last night, that JFC hasn't done enough to warrant a place on Saturday.

Is there a worse player, since our return to the Amex than JFC who has been a regular starter?

How many points have we won (league games) in matches that JFC has started in? Not many.

Hopefully he will be shipped out to a league 2 side next season.

Can't ever recall him having a good game.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
JFC was very poor last night and I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon as even my 13 year old son could see it.

His off the ball movement was poor, he pulled out of challenges and he reminded me of Ryan Harley last night...Not in the lazy sense, but in the sense that he doesn't look strong enough for a game against a physically decent Championship team.

I really hope that Hughton sends him out on loan to give him more experience and game time because I think with the right development, he can still be a Premier League player. Otherwise, I can see him slipping back down the leagues careerwise...he is no where near good enough for the Championship at the moment

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Yes, to embarrassing levels really. There are a string of disappointments that should be trotted out before JFC gets pilloried:

JFC hasn't really pulled up any trees but then we've had a shìt season. And anyway, to me he's a younger, cheaper Danny Holla. I had high expectations of Holla, and feel quite let down by him. He's got worse as the season has progressed. Gordon Greer has been poor all season, if only because time has caught up with him. Our strikers haven't done their job ALL season - and this isn't entirely down to Hyypia, IMO. Baldock, Colunga and COG were all utter pony before Christmas and CMS is, well, CMS.

And then there are people like Leon Best. Words fail me.

Yet JFC gets stick for being average? It's harsh.

The problem with JFC is that he doesn't really seem to know if he is a defensive or attacking midfielder.
Defence wise he is far too lightweight and attack wise his free kicks and corners rarely make it to the intended target.
I agree it is a little unfair to single him out as many other players haven't performed either.
Unfortunately to cut it at this level you have to either have to have the skills like Tex or read the danger like Ince, sadly I don't see these qualities in Jake.
Perhaps CH will work with coaches to make him one thing or the other.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Don't change a winning side unless you're forced too.

Too many changes last night, could hardly expect JFC to just slot in and play a blinder after being out for so long. Was there a reason Stephens didn't start after his fine cameo against Derby?

I'm a bit behind today, but were the changes through injury / suspension, or manager's choice?
Apparently through CH's choice.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
H
Can't ever recall him having a good game.

Is that because you haven't tried? JFC isn't the greatest but to say he's never had a good game is just plain silly. Southampton (2012/13) Reading (League Cup 13/14) Wolves (earlier this season) spring to mind instantly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here