Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kumar Sangakarra

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Scored his 4th consecutive WC century today, a magnificent achiecement from an absolute legend of the game who is retiring after this World Cup.

To put this in some sort of perspective our highest ever ODI run scorer Ian Bell has scored 4 ODI centuries in 160 games for England and now wants to spearhead our campaign for the next WC.

:facepalm:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Scored his 4th consecutive WC century today, a magnificent achiecement from an absolute legend of the game who is retiring after this World Cup.

To put this in some sort of perspective our highest ever ODI run scorer Ian Bell has scored 4 ODI centuries in 160 games for England and now wants to spearhead our campaign for the next WC.

:facepalm:

He's not retiring after the World Cup; he's retiring from ODIs. He's playing for Surrey this summer, I'm going to temporarily desert the County Ground for at least one day and take a trip to The Oval to see him one last time. It's hard to think of a more elegant stroke maker in my lifetime, Gower possibly, well worth making a trip to south London for it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He's an all time great - just look at the numbers.

He averages nearly 60 in Tests and was a very handy keeper as well. If he was Indian, people would talk of him in the same breath as Tendulkar.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
The stats are quite unbelievable.

Fastest player to 12000 Test Runs
Best average since The Don
Most double hundreds
Second highest ODI run scorer and most fifties - most consecutive hundreds now

AND he's a bloody wicketkeeper with the most ODI dismissals ever. I'd say he's the best since Bradman.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The stats are quite unbelievable.

Fastest player to 12000 Test Runs
Best average since The Don
Most double hundreds
Second highest ODI run scorer and most fifties - most consecutive hundreds now

AND he's a bloody wicketkeeper with the most ODI dismissals ever. I'd say he's the best since Bradman.

Plus he's an absolute gentleman. The English cricketers could learn a lot from him on and off the field.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Plus he's an absolute gentleman. The English cricketers could learn a lot from him on and off the field.

Has some guts too, I remember when he gave the Lords Cowdrey lecture and strongly criticized the Sri Lanka cricket board. He hasn't said it but I could see him carrying on if he played for England or Australia who don't have corrupt boards. Kind of see his retirement as a bit of a **** you to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here