Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LuaLua Lovers...

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Let me just get one thing straight.
I like the way Kazenga frightens defences when he comes on as a substitute. I think he is our most effective player off the bench, since Will Buckley left.

HOWEVER.

Why do managers pick him to start games!? (Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and now Hughton) They can't all be bad managers, but what value do they see in him starting matches?

Defensively he doesn't really do his shift, and i can't really remember him being great in many games that he's started in the Championship. Palace at home on St.Patricks day & Wolves at home in a dead rubber a few seasons back were good, but not a lot else!

Summary: Great off of the bench :thumbsup: But should he ever start? ???

Edit: This is not a thread bashing one of our players, simply just trying to understand why we don't use him in his best position.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
For me, his defensive game has improved massively, but only very rarely does he have a good game whilst starting I have to agree. He quite simply (in my view) doesn't have the stamina hence why he looks miles better against tiring defenders.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Also, he has our second worst disciplinary record this season behind Lewis Dunk! That's shocking for a player who plays on the wing and has only been involved for about half of the game time this season!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Not a bad second half for him last night, but he (like many others) was poor in the first half.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Always as far as I`m concerned Brilliant "impact player" darting sything runs. Even half a game I believe is too much for him, last twenty/thirty mins ideal......

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I like the way Kazenga frightens defences when he comes on as a substitute. I think he is our most effective player off the bench, since Will Buckley left.

HOWEVER.

Why do managers pick him to start games!? (Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia and now Hughton) They can't all be bad managers, but what value do they see in him starting matches?

Defensively he doesn't really do his shift, and i can't really remember him being great in many games that he's started in the Championship. Palace at home on St.Patricks day & Wolves at home in a dead rubber a few seasons back were good, but not a lot else!

Edit: This is not a thread bashing one of our players, simply just trying to understand why we don't use him in his best position.

I'm presuming you didn't go last night then as he was one of our best players in the second half yesterday and got better as the game went on. He had a relatively quiet first half (probably due to him being told to sit too deep)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
He was our best player when Sami was in charge, until his injury, since he came back, other than that goal he was been poor in comparison

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005

HOWEVER.

There's 2 of us in Exmouth!! :albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here