Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
cog-l229-2327386_478x359.jpg

Chris O'Grady
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 11th March 2015
by Adam Tighe
It was frustrating because it was a chance to build on the progress we had been making."
Chris O'Grady

Chris O’Grady echoed the thoughts of manager Chris Hughton, saying he was disappointed that Brighton & Hove Albion conceded so quickly after levelling against Reading.O’Grady equalised from the penalty spot just after half-time but Reading regained the lead just five minutes later on their way to a 2-1 win over the Seagulls.
The striker told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s naïve really and we should learn from things like that. When you score, for five minutes you have to keep it solid and build on it rather than be expansive and concede again.
“It was frustrating because it was a chance to build on the progress we had been making.
“We’ve not won on the road for five games, so it’s disappointing and the total opposite to what we’ve been doing at home.
“They had a game plan and we couldn’t adapt to it. They wanted to try and play in front of them but the pitch wasn’t going to allow that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

O'Grady notched his third goal for the club from 12 yards and admitted he had no qualms about taking responsibility from the spot.“I just felt like I could step up and take it, and the message came from the sidelines for me to take it.
“I hoped it would be enough to spur us on and get some points but it wasn’t quite meant to be.
“I’m feeling fine, any time I’m called upon, I’m there to give everything and hopefully that’s been reflected.* It would be nice to pick up a few goals on the way but I’m just there to contribute towards us winning.”
[h=3]ALBION V WOLVES
[/h]SATURDAY 14TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here