Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We got what we deserved, admits Albion boss [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion boss Chris Hughton conceded his team deserved nothing at fellow strugglers Reading.
A 2-1 defeat at the Madejski Stadium last night leaves the Seagulls still looking over their shoulders, nine points clear of the Championship relegation zone.
Jamie Mackie scored both Reading goals, the first gifted to him when Albion tried to play out from the back through keeper David Stockdale and the second within three minutes of Chris O’Grady equalising from the penalty spot.
Hughton told The Argus: “I thought in the second half we rallied well and got ourselves back in the game but then we conceded again, so that was disappointing.
“It was a difficult pitch and they played the conditions better than us. They’ve got a lot of good power and pace.
“In the first half we found it difficult to cope with that. We were better second half, got ourselves back into the game but probably over the 90 minutes I can’t say we deserved to win.
“The (first) goal we conceded was very poor. We added to our own downfall.”

Hughton made five changes, including resting regulars like Spanish pair Bruno and Inigo Calderon to the bench.
“I certainly don’t put the performance down to the changes,” he said. “On most occasions we’ve generally kept the same team, so a lot of players have played a lot of games. I feel it was the right thing to do.”
Albion development striker Shamir Fenelon, currently on loan at Dagenham and Redbridge, has been called up alongside club colleague Glen Rea for the Republic of Ireland under-21s’ Euro qualifier at home to Andorra in Waterford on March 26.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here