Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Stockdale - Careless for the first goal, comfortably beaten for the second 5
Halford - Sloppy but his throw is a real weapon 5
Bennett - Looked weak at times, not his best performance 5
Greer - Has lost his way, poor passing 5
Dunk - Solid enough, more comfortable on the ball than Greer 6
Kayal - Nowhere as influential has he has been 5
Ince - Ok, he lost he ball, but all the play went through him in the first half and he had nothing to work with. No one wanted the ball 5
Lua Lua - Didn't see enough of the ball, which was a shame as he made a few darting runs 6
JFC - Hate to say it, but he was rubbish 4
Ledesma - Delivery not good enough and didn't make much of an impression 5
O'Grady - Precious little service but was the only one who fancied it tonight 7

Best and Bruno- Did nothing much but didn't have long 5

Verdict: Second half way better than first but if you didn't go you missed nothing

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Stockdale - Careless for the first goal, comfortably beaten for the second 5
Halford - Sloppy but his throw is a real weapon 5
Bennett - Looked weak at times, not his best performance 5
Greer - Has lost his way, poor passing 5
Dunk - Solid enough, more comfortable on the ball than Greer 6
Kayal - Nowhere as influential has he has been 5
Ince - Ok, he lost he ball, but all the play went through him in the first half and he had nothing to work with. No one wanted the ball 5
Lua Lua - Didn't see enough of the ball, which was a shame as he made a few darting runs 6
JFC - Hate to say it, but he was rubbish 4
Ledesma - Delivery not good enough and didn't make much of an impression 5
O'Grady - Precious little service but was the only one who fancied it tonight 7

Best and Bruno- Did nothing much but didn't have long 5

Verdict: Second half way better than first but if you didn't go you missed nothing

Pretty much agree. Surprised at team selection. Tonight was as if SH was back - no shape, no system, no idea what they were doing, no passion, apart from COG. No subs when we were chasing the game until 75 mins. Best looked to be half asleep and even less bothered. The main thing confirmed tonight was that JFC is still utter toilet! Reading were poor but we did our best to make them look pretty damn good. It's not the losing I I mind so much as the apathetic capitulation. What happened to the team that beat Derby such a short time ago?

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
First half display was absolute horse shit !
I was mystified by the complete lack of movement and imagination going forward.
The only highlight was the ridiculing of Reading's rather portly 'full kit wa***er' !

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
First half was ****ing dire. Whole game we relied on long balls that didn't work. Not one player stood out today from a poor bunch.

Stockdale- 5

Bennett-5
Greer-4
Dunk-5
Halford-4

Kayal- 5
JFC-4
Ince-5

KLL- 4
O'Grady-5
Ledesma- 4

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Good news: we scored an away goal, at last.

Bad news: everything else.

Scores: CoG tried, so I'll give him a 6. The rest didn't, so I won't bother either.

Reading out-muscled us for the entire game. They hustled and harried us when we had possession at the back, and wanted the ball more than we did in the middle of the park. I was pretty depressed watching us at Cardiff; this was arguably a worse performance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale 5

Halford 2
Greer 5
Dunk 5
Bennett 5

Kayal 6
Ince 3
JFC 3

Ledesma 3
OGrady 7
Lua Lua 6

Best 6
Bruno 6

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Totally agree with what has been said although I thought Dunk had his worst game in ages,Mackie really got at him.

On the way home we struggled to name a MOM (possibly COG) and certainly no one deserved more than a 6. On the management front I also thought Chris had his worst day at the office what with too many changes, an unbalanced side (especially down the right) and subs not effectively used. It seem last nights team selection was a case of keeping everyone in the squad happy and giving JFC his big night out.

Worst performance I've seen since Millwall at home. Reading wanted it more on a dodgy pitch but a part from Mackie they weren't much better although they have mastered the skill of time wasting.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Reading is an easy trip for a midweek game - even at 8.00 KO - why do they do that ? But as soon as I knew who was playing I feared the worst. Apart from the penalty I can't remember another decent shot in anger. The first half was simply terrible. The right hand side where Bruno / Calderon have been giving some creativity looked feeble. Ledesma won a penalty yes - but he looked lightweight and out of his depth. Maybe Texeira is a risk in away games - but Ledesma seemed like an experiment. If the objective was to defend a point, it didn't work did it. Looked a really ragbag squad on last night's evidence after some thrilling home performances - but next season needs a real influx of quality and reliability.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
First half was ****ing dire. Whole game we relied on long balls that didn't work. Not one player stood out today from a poor bunch.

Stockdale- 5

Bennett-5
Greer-4
Dunk-5
Halford-4

Kayal- 5
JFC-4
Ince-5

KLL- 4
O'Grady-5
Ledesma- 4

Pretty much this.

I'd add to the scores

Hughton / Team selection : 5

Why make 5 changes to a winning side? I thought those days were gone.

Pitch : 4

No excuses for the result but it was really bad - I hope we never have rugby at the Amex.....oh

Atmosphere :

From both sets of fans. I guess sometimes you need something on the pitch to get excited about. 14k in a 30k stadium looks and sound awful - be warned!

Overall, with the exception of Millwall at home the worst performance of the season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Stockdale- 5

Bennett-5
Greer-4
Dunk-5
Halford-4

Kayal- 5
JFC-4
Ince-5

KLL- 4
O'Grady-5
Ledesma- 4

Pretty much spot on except I'd mark Dunk down to 4 too. No-one worth more than a five. It really was a collectively dismal effort. It was only referee's inability to get to grips with Reading's constant fouling and gamesmanship that kept me watched this debacle.

Not a good night for Hughton, he got this one wrong, too many changes to the team in my opinion. Still having read some of his post-match comments I think he realises this and we can at least play better on saturday.

it was a good reminder to Bloom that we will need quite a few new players next season.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Shit Pizza in a shit Pizza Hut. Parked in a bomb-site. Soulless ground. Really dismal performance from an Albion team showing too many changes. We're still in a relegation scrap and we should have started with the team that battled and beat Derby. Hughton got it monumentally wrong and the players he picked let him, and us, down - Badly. £70 quid down the shitter!! Rant over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Pretty much this.

I'd add to the scores

Hughton / Team selection : 5

Why make 5 changes to a winning side? I thought those days were gone.

Pitch : 4

No excuses for the result but it was really bad - I hope we never have rugby at the Amex.....oh

Atmosphere :

From both sets of fans. I guess sometimes you need something on the pitch to get excited about. 14k in a 30k stadium looks and sound awful - be warned!

Overall, with the exception of Millwall at home the worst performance of the season.

Couldn't make it last night but sounded poor on the radio. As an aside and ref the above, I did the stadium tour at the weekend and the guide was at pains to point out more than once that ST renewals were VERY low with 'loads deciding not to renew'.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I couldn't understand why we played 2 wingers and they both hugged the line at the same time in the first half leaving COG alone on his own up top. What made it worse was we didn't even play the ball out to the wingers anyway. I cant remember Kaz even touching the ball for the first 20 mins. We had 3 in midfield who were just pushed off the ball which led to Reading making lightening strikes through the centre of the pitch and they should have been out of sight by half time if their finishing was better.

We looked a complete shambles at times but it's hardly surprising when you put out a team that has so many non regular faces in it. I think we went for the draw and failed dismally

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stockdale 5

Halford 3
Greer 5
Dunk 4
Bennett 3

Kayal 6
Ince 3
JFC 2

Ledesma 3
OGrady 6
Lua Lua 4

Best 4
Bruno n/a

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Stockdale 5

Halford 3
Greer 5
Dunk 4
Bennett 3

Kayal 6
Ince 3
JFC 2

Ledesma 3
OGrady 6
Lua Lua 4

Best 4
Bruno n/a

Earlier, I said that I cba to score them, other than CoG. I've changed my mind: these.

God, we were dire. Constant long balls to CoG, who, for the first time that I've seen, was out muscled for them reasonably often. Well, I say "to CoG" - that's only true if "to" can be defined as "in the general direction of; sometimes even within 15 yards".

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
That really was appalling. No fight, no quality and one of the worst teams I have seen time wasting in a long, long time. I don't understand how the ref doesn't pick up on it.

I won't give out ratings, because it has been summed up by most on this thread. All below average with no one really shining. If this is what we are going to be like at Millwall, we really still are in a relegation scrap. The fact it is going to be the Lions first home game after sacking Holloway means both he fans and their players are going to be 'up' for it.

Let's just hope our home form sees us over the line.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That really was appalling. No fight, no quality and one of the worst teams I have seen time wasting in a long, long time. I don't understand how the ref doesn't pick up on it..

Reading were the worst example of time wasting I can remember for a long time - and in a pathetically overt fashion too... but the ref did play 8 minutes of added time.

It might as well have been 8 hours, we wouldn't have scored :nono:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Reading were the worst example of time wasting I can remember for a long time - and in a pathetically overt fashion too... but the ref did play 8 minutes of added time.

It might as well have been 8 hours, we wouldn't have scored :nono:

It was 6 minutes, but how much of that time was actually the football in play? Far less then 6 minutes I would say.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here