Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone on that 4 timer at Cheltenham today ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It would have paid 16/1 so £ 1600 returns for a £ 100 accumulator and there would have been thousands of people who had a lot more than that and Yankee's, lucky 15's.

The first 3 won easily and Annie Power was 10 length's ahead, cruising and falls at the last. Ruby Walsh, from hero to zero

I think there will be some very pissed off people tonight

Anyone here on this 4 timer ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It would have paid 16/1 so £ 1600 returns for a £ 100 accumulator and there would have been thousands of people who had a lot more than that and Yankee's, lucky 15's.

The first 3 won easily and Annie Power was 10 length's ahead, cruising and falls at the last. Ruby Walsh, from hero to zero

I think there will be some very pissed off people tonight

Anyone here on this 4 timer ?

I had it in a Yankee, but didn't put on anything to lose any sleep over.

Doubled my stake, so can't moan.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had it in a Yankee, but didn't put on anything to lose any sleep over.

Doubled my stake, so can't moan.

A £ 1 yankee would have lost punters around £ 50 with that Horse falling

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nature's way of telling you to do a perm (Yankee/Lucky 15/whatever). Saturday at the Amex wouldn't be complete without some chum coming up to me in the North Stand concourse with a foot-long betting slip and a hard luck story about a 12-timer that was only let down by Mansfield v Stevenage or somesuch. LEARN whydontyou! :dunce:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I had a £1 ew lucky 15 on the go, Annie Power would have netted me £117 from a £30 layout, not a massive win, but only £45 after the fall....... bookies fix

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nature's way of telling you to do a perm (Yankee/Lucky 15/whatever). Saturday at the Amex wouldn't be complete without some chum coming up to me in the North Stand concourse with a foot-long betting slip and a hard luck story about a 12-timer that was only let down by Mansfield v Stevenage or somesuch. LEARN whydontyou! :dunce:
5 live did a piece on gambling a while ago.
One thing they said was it wasn't the big wins or losses, it's the near misses that have people coming back for more.

Since then I've been really tuned into that while at work, and in that small sample I completely agree.
Every conversation is centred around 'what might have been'.
Derby was a focal point this Monday.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
A £ 1 yankee would have lost punters around £ 50 with that Horse falling

Not if like my mate you had backed them all for decent money at last Autumns odds & cancelled Reading to get down there a day earlier.
Tales of Vincent O'Briens gambles that paid off Irish mortgages & bought farms were on the way again for some...
Not sure of others but Un du sceaux was 10s then, if the other were just 3s then a score rolls up to over £14k...ouch

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here