Russell Brand
Alec Baldwin
Al Gore
Sinead O`Connor
Uri Geller
Heather Mills
Morrissey
Weird Al Yankovic

or would they benefit from a bacon sandwich?

matt

Mar 19, 2007
should we all join their gang?

Russell Brand
Alec Baldwin
Al Gore
Sinead O`Connor
Uri Geller
Heather Mills
Morrissey
Weird Al Yankovic

or would they benefit from a bacon sandwich?

Is that the line-up for CBB 2015?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course not. If we ALL went vegan we'd have a rather large un-farmed domesticated animal problem with disease and suffering among said animals rife. Like it or not a symbiotic relationship has evolved between man and farm animal. They need us and we need them. And so long as pests exist hunting will too.

What we need though is better quality, more expensive meat. Have meat as a really good meal two or three times a week instead of every day. That would genuinely stop over farming, improve animal welfare and our palattes and cookery skills. Will never happen so long as places like Maccy Ds and Iceland exist though.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Any change over would have to be VERY gradual, to reduce the size of animal herds and work on land use changes. Some things would have to be urgently addressed too - the process for extracting soya as used in countless vegan products is hideous in terms of chemical use and pollution potential. There's anti-soy vegans but not a lot of them...

Also, seasonality is a much bigger issue on a vegan diet which has its own problems in terms of sustainability - water use, power use and flying food from miles away. There is a reason it was hard to get tomatoes etc in winter until the second generation of medium-distance aircraft freed up propliners for use as freight craft.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I find vegans and veggies pretentious, boring farts.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Look what happens in India when you don't eat cows.

There are more cows in India, than there are cars in the United States.

India has more cows than any other country. There are over 280 MILLION (281,700,000) cows in India. That\'s more than a quarter of the entire world population of cows in JUST ONE COUNTRY(28.29% to be precise).

To put that into perspective the United States has only 96,669,000 cows (less than half the number of cows that India has). The Indian cow population is higher than the American dog and cat populations combined (77.5 million dogs and 93.6 million owned cats).

It\'s even higher than the U.S. car population, which is also a really huge number: 246 million cars at the end of 2009.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Of course not. If we ALL went vegan we'd have a rather large un-farmed domesticated animal problem with disease and suffering among said animals rife. Like it or not a symbiotic relationship has evolved between man and farm animal. They need us and we need them.

Not entirely true. We don't need farm animals. You can choose not to eat them or use animal by products.

The breed/birth/slaughter cycle is very short. Calves usually slaughtered within 6 months, chickens about 4 months, pigs up to about a year.

So if we all went vegan, then I suspect that the unwanted animals would be killed as there would be no profit in looking after them.

It would be better if people who did eat meat were more concerned about the provenance of their food.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Look what happens in India when you don't eat cows.

There are more cows in India, than there are cars in the United States.

India has more cows than any other country. There are over 280 MILLION (281,700,000) cows in India. That\'s more than a quarter of the entire world population of cows in JUST ONE COUNTRY(28.29% to be precise).

To put that into perspective the United States has only 96,669,000 cows (less than half the number of cows that India has). The Indian cow population is higher than the American dog and cat populations combined (77.5 million dogs and 93.6 million owned cats).

It\'s even higher than the U.S. car population, which is also a really huge number: 246 million cars at the end of 2009.

point of order
India consume a vast amount of cows,one of the worlds biggest consumers,because its a taboo subject they just dont like to admit it though.Illegal slaughterhouses vastly outnumber legal ones.

And where is this magical website where you can get figures on cows,cats,dogs and cars

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I find vegans and veggies pretentious, boring farts.

Most people have a little inner voice that cautions against making statements that others might deem braggardly, ill conceived, or crass.

I can only assume there is a family tie to the Fritzl's, and that the little unheard voice in this instance is locked in a soundproof cellar somewhere.:shrug:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Most people have a little inner voice that cautions against making statements that others might deem braggardly, ill conceived, or crass.

I can only assume there is a family tie to the Fritzl's, and that the little unheard voice in this instance is locked in a soundproof cellar somewhere.:shrug:
How's Hugh?[emoji100]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not entirely true. We don't need farm animals. You can choose not to eat them or use animal by products.

The breed/birth/slaughter cycle is very short. Calves usually slaughtered within 6 months, chickens about 4 months, pigs up to about a year.

So if we all went vegan, then I suspect that the unwanted animals would be killed as there would be no profit in looking after them.

It would be better if people who did eat meat were more concerned about the provenance of their food.

Yes we do. We're evolved omnivores. Vegetarianism and faddy diets are largely modern inventions and the number of people who can't eat meat for medical reasons is tiny.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
If we ALL went vegan we'd have a rather large un-farmed domesticated animal problem with disease and suffering among said animals rife.

Only in the short term and only if our newly acquired veganism dictated that we had to be cruel!

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
I've missed your fine posts---Is your computer fecked or just in a bad place for pickin up internet:moo:

Hmmm.......let me guess where this is going, the suggestion being perhaps a padded cell somewhere?

YOU WON'T WIND ME UP, YOU BAST@RDS!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here