Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Police to Axe 1000 Jobs over 5 Years

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Oh dear indeed, I'm now a double crime 'victim' with no idea what's going with my cases, and there's more big reductions in manpower in the pipeline?!?! Cheers Dave, please switch the lights out on your way out in May.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
30,000 armed forces jobs to go also.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The Conservatives are supposedly the 'party of law and order', yet they're decimating the police force. Still, probably won't bother all the blinkered Tory voters out there...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To play devils advocate for a moment but aren't crime rates falling as well?

Personally I'd prefer more police and less paperwork.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
500, eh? There are only around (or just under) 3000 in total I think, as they already lost a large number during the previous round of cuts.

I'm sure Katy Bourne has a plan though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Cheerio Dave

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To play devils advocate for a moment but aren't crime rates falling as well?

Personally I'd prefer more police and less paperwork.

Crime figures are falling because there will be no resolution so people don't bother to report it in the first place.

D

Deleted member 22389

Just proves how serious the debt is in this country. Labour will have to make to the same tough choices. It's completely wrong especially with the types of crime and the population increase down this way because of immigration and people moving down this way because it is more affordable for them. Soon you will have to tackle crime yourself or start paying private companies to patrol the area.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just proves how serious the debt is in this country. Labour will have to make to the same tough choices. It's completely wrong especially with the types of crime and the population increase down this way because of immigration and people moving down this way because it is more affordable for them. Soon you will have to tackle crime yourself or start paying private companies to patrol the area.

Is that official UKIP policy, or have you just made that up? So it's all immigrants and people migrating down south's fault is it? ...and how are people affording properties down here if we are being told that no one can afford to live in the South East as prices are 10 times that in the north...surely your argument would be that people are moving away from the south as house prices and rents are that much less up north? I am not really sure what your argument is.

At the end of the day, we have an ageing population earing the country less in tax receipts, oil revenues plummeting earning the country less in tax receipts, a competitive world where costs are being driven down earning the country less in corporation tax receipts and to top it all as we have seen these last few winters, the NHS is demanding more money to cover the change in population demographics. Yes some of it may be increased immigration but that is a splash in the ocean.

Still The ED band of balls and milliband, who were nothing whatsoever to do with getting us into the mess this bunch of charlatans are trying to get us out of, no sireee...it was nothing to do with them....when people vote for them and they are in, we will all be OK again and everyone will be rich again and the problems of the NHS and taxation will all go away.

Actually I blame the Muslims and the Christians and those Buddhists are gits too.

D

Deleted member 22389

Is that official UKIP policy, or have you just made that up? So it's all immigrants and people migrating down south's fault is it? ...and how are people affording properties down here if we are being told that no one can afford to live in the South East as prices are 10 times that in the north...surely your argument would be that people are moving away from the south as house prices and rents are that much less up north? I am not really sure what your argument is.

At the end of the day, we have an ageing population earing the country less in tax receipts, oil revenues plummeting earning the country less in tax receipts, a competitive world where costs are being driven down earning the country less in corporation tax receipts and to top it all as we have seen these last few winters, the NHS is demanding more money to cover the change in population demographics. Yes some of it may be increased immigration but that is a splash in the ocean.

Still The ED band of balls and milliband, who were nothing whatsoever to do with getting us into the mess this bunch of charlatans are trying to get us out of, no sireee...it was nothing to do with them....when people vote for them and they are in, we will all be OK again and everyone will be rich again and the problems of the NHS and taxation will all go away.

Actually I blame the Muslims and the Christians and those Buddhists are gits too.

I'm just saying when you have more people moving to the area then eventually there are more cases to deal with. More people will be using the local services and so on. I have said nothing wrong here whatsoever.

There are a lot of people who have moved down for the following reasons:
1) Immigrants for example ended up in London, can't find any work so have moved down this way.
2) First time buyers who live in London but can't afford property there but can afford to buy down here.
3) Existing home owners who sell up and buy down here
4) Also people on benefits where there is shortage of housing and spiralling rents get moved down this way by the government

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There are a lot of people who have moved down for the following reasons:
1) Immigrants for example ended up in London, can't find any work so have moved down this way. No they haven't they have moved north to places like Peterborough and Northampton where there is work and cheap housing
2) First time buyers who live in London but can't afford property there but can afford to buy down here. See my answer above
3) Existing home owners who sell up and buy down here. Not sure what you mean. What is the point in selling up in another part of the country when you can get far less for your dollar down here? There is no evidence to support your theory
4) Also people on benefits where there is shortage of housing and spiralling rents get moved down this way by the government
. Point 4 no they don'T?..see my points above

A few weeks ago there was various reports on internal migration, ie people moving from one part of the country to another. Evidence was that people were not moving to the south because they couldn't afford the cost of rent and the general housing market was restrictive for those with little or no deposits. Places like Peterborough and Lincoln were seen as better options as there was reasonable rents and a better opportunity to get low skilled work. In the south, the higher skill base in IT and the financial sector has not encouraged low skilled people in from Eastern Europe. As much as UKIP will have you believe all these immigrants are the cause of outer ills, it is not the case...its a small factor, but the decline in traditional industry and reliance on the service sector including retail to provide low income employment has come back to bite us on the bum and we are now in a cycle where the ageing population is looking to be supported by successive governments who have sold off all our assets ( the channel tunnel being the last) and who have blown the pension money we have all being deducted in out national insurance contributions. So suddenly they wake up and panic that we can't afford to pay people a pension that they have paid in all their lives for.

The likes of Cameron, balls , milliband. Etc are all right jack....the rest of the population can go and swing as far as they are concerned. Don't believe for a minute their sincerity.

D

Deleted member 22389

A few weeks ago there was various reports on internal migration, ie people moving from one part of the country to another. Evidence was that people were not moving to the south because they couldn't afford the cost of rent and the general housing market was restrictive for those with little or no deposits. Places like Peterborough and Lincoln were seen as better options as there was reasonable rents and a better opportunity to get low skilled work. In the south, the higher skill base in IT and the financial sector has not encouraged low skilled people in from Eastern Europe. As much as UKIP will have you believe all these immigrants are the cause of outer ills, it is not the case...its a small factor, but the decline in traditional industry and reliance on the service sector including retail to provide low income employment has come back to bite us on the bum and we are now in a cycle where the ageing population is looking to be supported by successive governments who have sold off all our assets ( the channel tunnel being the last) and who have blown the pension money we have all being deducted in out national insurance contributions. So suddenly they wake up and panic that we can't afford to pay people a pension that they have paid in all their lives for.

The likes of Cameron, balls , milliband. Etc are all right jack....the rest of the population can go and swing as far as they are concerned. Don't believe for a minute their sincerity.

Your post makes sense, and it was exactly what I was going to say next in regards of not blaming all immigrants, but I do think the numbers arriving are far too many for this country to cope with in the end. What are the government trying to do to us all, why are they constantly driving this low skilled minimum wage economy, it's just a vicious circle which ends up placing more and more pressures on our services at the same as they appear to be stripping parts of it down to save money, why add to the problems. Is it not better bringing in someone who can earn good money and make a decent contribution to the system?

I'm with you on the likes of Cameron, Balls, Milliband, Clegg they don't have a bloody clue and the sooner all are gone the better.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Just a shining example of how f*****g ridiculous our politicians are.

There is no credible vote to be used

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

now I know you have not just realised that
most of them are it it for what they can make out of it, and some are so blatent about it makes me physically sick

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove

Easiest way to cut taxes.......seems reasonable, to me. You want laura Norder, pay for it. I reckon the police should be banned from attending incidents in the tax avoiding coffee chains. Fire in the kitchen?.......don't call our fire service, we pay for it.....seems just to me.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here