Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much longer do you think Van Gaal will last at United?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Every time I hear him speak I get that "small club" feeling.

& United are now sh*t.

He can't last surely?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll settle for them being outside the top four come the end of season and I imagine that is what it will take that for them to get rid.

If they manage to get into the Champion's League he'll ride it out.

Fingers crossed for some even more glum tearful faces than last night come the end of season :thumbsup:

SAC

May 21, 2014
They are currently 4th and will most likely finish in the top 4 at the end of the season. I think he will last into next season and will be there to push for top 3. I've nothing against him but hate Moan U so hope he fails. Not that keen on any of the teams in the top 6 actually, just a shame that S'ton are not going to finish in the top 6 (IMO).

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Can't see them getting rid regardless of where they finish this season. Man U are a team in 3 stages at the moment, bit of Fergie, bit of Moyes and a bit of Van Gaal in terms of players that are in the squad. Would expect him to have a clear out in the summer and buy some defenders for starters. His CV is excellent and there would be no point in getting rid just to have another Manager inherit a team that he probably wouldn't want 50% of. Could you seriously see Van Gaal buying Fellani for instance??

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
They are currently 4th and will most likely finish in the top 4 at the end of the season. I think he will last into next season and will be there to push for top 3. I've nothing against him but hate Moan U so hope he fails. Not that keen on any of the teams in the top 6 actually, just a shame that S'ton are not going to finish in the top 6 (IMO).

Can't see them finishing in the top 4 personally. Not only are they gash, their remaining fixtures are really tough. They have to play Spurs, Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Everton AND Arsenal.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It's not Man United I dislike so much as their "fans" (to be precise their non-manchester dwelling fans) and their arrogant sense of entitlement.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Disagree

I think Arsenal and Liverpool will occupy the 3rd and 4th places.

United have some tough games coming up.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I really hope Manchester United continue to balls things up. As things stand they still have the financial resources that they could spend £500 million a season on transfers without worrying FFP (though the Glazers wouldn't be able to milk the beast). Another season outside the top 4 and those billion plastic foreign fans and associated sponsorship deals will fade away drastically. Another two seasons and they may no longer have a top 4 budget to play with - then they will truly be knocked right off their ****ing perch.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is essential for the health of football for a giant to occasionally fall from grace.

I was disgusted by the diving and the shirt pull on the ref. I hate Arsenal but I actually found myself wanting them to win last night. Van Gaal is an arrogant man. Fergie's old side is disappearing and they're now left with a squadful of expensive misfits on huge contracts.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to echo the sentiments of everyone on this thread.

I don't reckon they'll make 4th and this pleases me greatly.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if he makes 4th they'll stick and he'll stay on to show he can do more. if he cant, i'd be surprised if he last the summer. the squad and first XI needs a complete overhaul either way, shades of early 90's Liverpool though (good team, just not good enough).

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Its all geared up for Taggart to ride into Old TRafford on horse back and take charge of the falling giant.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is essential for the health of football for a giant to occasionally fall from grace.

I was disgusted by the diving and the shirt pull on the ref. I hate Arsenal but I actually found myself wanting them to win last night. Van Gaal is an arrogant man. Fergie's old side is disappearing and they're now left with a squadful of expensive misfits on huge contracts.

It was interesting to see that about 90% of the advertising around the pitch edge was aimed at the Asian market rather than the home market, gives a clue to the fact that they really are just about making money based on the clubs reputation and players. However, last nights petulant display might make some of their multiple " partners " think twice about being associated with a brand becoming ever more diluted from their glory days. The diving and the snarling attacks on the ref are not a good example and Van Gall seems diffident about the spitting and cheating that they are now getting a reputation for.

I think Van Gaal is safe for the time being but not sure he will have the cash or the ability to rebuild the team long term. I think he is out in1-2 years.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I think he will be in charge next season, whatever happens.

But I don't think he will ever be popular there - he doesn't seem to fully understand what he's taken on, and tactically, he's miles away from what Man U fans expect.

Ther's something inherently dislikable about him, which makes it all the better as far as I'm concerned - I hope he fails miserably.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So we're cheering for Liverpool and arsenal.....I don't like the sound of that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here