Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strangely quiet on here for a matchday

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe it's the glorious sunshine or general lack of complete panic around this match (compared to other recent games), but I keep having to remind myself we've got a game later.

Who's going??

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Are you [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] in disguise? Drumming up trade??

Either that, or seeking reassurance that I'm not about to head up to Berkshire on the wrong day :lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not me.

Like Ipswich I have been to Reading TWICE with a gap of about 20 years.

Elm Park (Brady) lost circa 1994 2-0 I think

Madejski (Poyet 1st champ season) lost 3-0 boxing day.

Fair to say Reading away can **** off unless its a game that really matters. Which isnt this one.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A team that doesn't score at home vs a team that doesn't score away. Personally I cannot wait :thumbsup:

On the plus side, at least there should be some cracking goal music and hopefully another of their patented celebratory pitch invasions if they do, so...#EveryCloud

"Ten men on the pitch
On the pitch at Reading
Ten men
Nine men
Eight men
Seven men
Six men
Five men
Four men
Three men
Two men
One man and his play-off dream
On the pitch at Reading!"

(Sorry, Royals fans, but it's still at least slightly funny) :)

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Not this time. Need to save sheckles so have to pick and choose aways at mo. Pity as I would have enjoyed taking the piss out of them for last seasons final day 'celebratory' pitch invasion...'you thought you were sixth, you thought you were siiiiiixth, you stupid...' Etc.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It's my least favourite away game, nay my least favourite game, so I'm not that bothered. I may even watch Masterchef :eek:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Turned into a bit of a nothing game given our previous results. Of course we are not mathematically safe yet but realistically we probably only need 5/6 points, with Reading still having one eye on the FA Cup hopefully we can get a rare away goal and win and enjoy mid table for the rest of the season.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Fair to say nerves kicked in last night , a real chance for some more breathing space but they'll be thinking the same.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I don’t know why everyone is so relaxed. This is a vital game and an opportunity to cement a place in mid-table.

I hope that the players are less complacent than some fans.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don’t know why everyone is so relaxed. This is a vital game and an opportunity to cement a place in mid-table.

I hope that the players are less complacent than some fans.

Given our recent away performances, and our rather poor record at the Mad Stad I am certainly not complacent. This game does however offer us an opportunity to put serious daylight between ourselves and the bottom three, I hope we can take advantage.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Been a good few times dating back to visiting the old biscuit factory in the early sixties but somehow I can't recall ever watching us win there. Lots of nil-nils and not a lot that's worth remembering. Indeed I can recall more about some of the journeys than most of the matches.
Got to change tonight, right?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. On my way soon.

Hope for a famous victory to go 12 points above Wigan and Millwall, ( and overtake Reading, Bolton and Huddersfield ) , but a draw wouldn't be a disaster for us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I did think about going. It's the thought that counts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here