Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ledesma will have a role to play for Albion [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Loan signing Emmanuel Ledesma has been assured of more game time as Albion launch into another hectic burst of fixtures.
The Argentinian winger has been restricted by the form of Inigo Calderon to one brief substitute appearance since the Seagulls borrowed him from Middlesbrough four matches ago.
Tonight’s trip to Reading begins a run of four fixtures in 12 days, culminating in the visit to Blackburn on March 21 when Ledesma’s initial month ends.
Long-term injuries suffered by Solly March and, more recently, Sam Baldock, have increased the chances of Ledesma seeing more action and staying for longer.
Boss Chris Hughton told The Argus: “Although he can play both flanks he has played more on the right-hand side and it’s been unfortunate for him that Calde managed to get three goals in two games.
“But that’s what you want, responses from players. Sometimes it’s difficult for players to get in the team but we’re very much looking to get him some time on the pitch and he certainly will do over these next few games.”
Hughton used Albion’s free weekend for a scouting mission abroad but his focus remains firmly on the rest of this season and tonight’s clash with Reading boss Steve Clarke, who nearly worked for him at Newcastle.

Hughton said: “Similar to myself he had been a coach for some time and he’d had very successful periods but I think he had made up his mind at that time that he wanted to manage.
“We’ve taken similar paths, him at Chelsea, myself at Tottenham. Certainly it benefited me and he would probably say the same.
“They’ve got the possibility of getting through to an FA Cup semi-final and if you’d told him that at the beginning of his role there I think he would have been delighted.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here