Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greek Defence minister threatens EU with immigation chaos

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
If Europe leaves us in crisis, we will flood it with migrants,” said Panos Kammenos, the defence minister and leader of the Independent Greeks party.

“Too bad for Berlin if there are some Jihadis from Islamic State in that wave of millions. If they strike us, we will strike them,” he told La Repubblica, vowing to give illegal migrants valid documents and open Europe’s Schengen frontiers to all comers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...reece-at-daggers-drawn-with-EU-creditors.html

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If Europe leaves us in crisis, we will flood it with migrants,” said Panos Kammenos, the defence minister and leader of the Independent Greeks party.

“Too bad for Berlin if there are some Jihadis from Islamic State in that wave of millions. If they strike us, we will strike them,” he told La Repubblica, vowing to give illegal migrants valid documents and open Europe’s Schengen frontiers to all comers.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...reece-at-daggers-drawn-with-EU-creditors.html

Really says it all about Greece - I presume he does not see the irony here, if we are to have any sympathy with their largely self-inflicted predicament. On the subject of documents - many years ago, I took a very talented football team to Demark for an international youth football tournament. The lads made the final and we were due to play a team from Greece, which was in actual fact their national team. Fair enough -you could enter whatever team you wanted. Prior to the match, each manager had to leave the passports of the teams with the referee, in case any checks needed to be made as to the age of the boys and thus any unfair advantage could be detected. I was called over to the organising committee's tent and asked for my opinion, as it emerged that every boy's passport from the opposition had the same birthday so as to be the most advantageous for the claimed year-group. Either each boy had by chance the same birthday, or . . . .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great.

A Greek dancing to Putin's tune to play on immigration fears and facilitate the breakup of the EU. The funding of his party should be looked at for Kremlin connections.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Greek Defence minister threatens EU with immigration chaos

I dont think he is bringing anything new to the table :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How has it come to this? Greece is behaving like a jilted bitch, throwing saucepans and slamming doors.

In protest at their unreasonable behaviour I will now be buying only Spanish Olives.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This is a totally idle threat from Greece. if they allocate work papers to illegal migrants the majority of them would not get beyond the greek borders. They would end up working in Greece for lower wages and drive the greeks out of jobs an on to benefits which they can't afford to pay because the banks have no money.

The greeks are a law unto themselves sometimes but i think the new Greek leader, much as i like him, I dont think there are many watts in his bulb

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes Greece overspent we know that, but Greece was OK before it joined the Euro because the debt was their problem and nobody elses, now it has become everyones problem.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
This is a totally idle threat from Greece. if they allocate work papers to illegal migrants the majority of them would not get beyond the greek borders. They would end up working in Greece for lower wages and drive the greeks out of jobs an on to benefits which they can't afford to pay because the banks have no money.

The greeks are a law unto themselves sometimes but i think the new Greek leader, much as i like him, I dont think there are many watts in his bulb

But Greece's unemployment is still above 25% I believe!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
But Greece's unemployment is still above 25% I believe!

So imagine how high it could go if they issue work permants to thousands of migrants. I mean they cant just say, OK we will give you work permits but you must leave Greece and then put them on a bus to Dusseldorf or Hamburg

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
All those billions taken by every bar and restaurant across every island for decades, it has been said that no more than 10% of it was ever declared to the tax authorities,......... sadly the hens have roosted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here