Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BENNETT LEARNING FROM HUGHTON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

Brighton & Hove Albion defender Joe Bennett says he reaping the benefits of working under former defender Chris Hughton.
The Albion boss made nearly 400 appearances as a left-back for Spurs during his playing career and Bennett believes he can only learn from Hughton’s expertise.
The on-loan Aston Villa defender also explained how his defensive role has changed since Hughton’s arrival at the turn of the year.
He said, "It's good having a manager who was a defender because he knows his stuff and he is always giving me advice, especially on the left-back role, because he was a good player.
"He's been really good with all of the defenders and has got us playing well at the moment; hopefully we can carry that on.
"The formation has changed; it's just a flat back four now instead of me pushing higher up. I don't mind either way.
"I like getting forward and obviously now my role is more defensive but I am enjoying it and I'm enjoying playing under Chris.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Seagulls are without an away win or goal since early January but Bennett believes the Seagulls are in good form after securing three home wins in a row, and now says it is time to replicate those performances away from the Amex.
“We’ve just got to kick on now after doing well in our last couple of games at home. We now need to improve away from home, as our form has not been as good as at the Amex.
“It’s important not to be complacent because we’re only nine points off the relegation zone and hopefully we can kick on and get the three points on Tuesday.”
Bennett, who has a year left on his contract at Villa Park, says he will wait until the end of the season before deciding on his long-term future, and insists his primary concern is to perform as well as possible for the Seagulls in the remaining months of his loan spell.
"You never know what’s going to happen and I'll probably have that conversation at the end of the season, but obviously for now I am just focusing on playing well for Brighton.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here