Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] U21 REPORT: WOLVES 1 ALBION 1

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

-Albion go behind after Lee Evans's penalty.
-Will Collar earns Albion a point with a late equaliser.
-The Seagulls record back-to-back draws following a goalless stalemate with Blackburn.
-Albion's next game is against Newcastle at the Amex on 16th March.
WOLVES 1
Evans '44
ALBION 1
Collar '90
Brighton & Hove Albion interim under-21 coach Simon Rusk was delighted with his side’s performance after they earned a 1-1 draw with Wolverhampton Wanderers tonight.
Lee Evans opened the scoring for the hosts with a 44th-minute penalty before Albion hit back thanks to Will Collar’s equaliser with almost the last kick of the game.
Rusk felt it was a reward for his side’s effort on the night and told seagulls.co.uk, “I thought the lads put a great effort in away from home; we had a few injuries and a number of lads out on loan, so it was a chance for the younger ones to come into the side again.
“We were disappointed to concede a penalty on the stroke of half time when I felt we slightly edged the first half. In the second half we huffed and puffed but our final ball into the box wasn’t good enough.
“Nevertheless, I was absolutely delighted with the boys as they kept going right until the end and tried to do everything we asked of them and they got a well-deserved equaliser on the night.
“It would have been a really unfair scoreline if we had lost the game and to equalise late on was great and the lads showed great determination.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The coach was also delighted that a number of under-18 players acquitted themselves well in the side and praised the overall effort of his players.
“Will Collar took his goal really well, but the likes of Ben White, James Tilley and Connor Tighe all showed their quality and put in some fine performances.
“Jesse Starkey, Jimmy Muitt and Robin Deen in particular worked very hard and on the whole it was a very good night’s work.”
ALBION:
Walton (GK), Barry, Hunt, White, Pappoe, Harris, Collar, Muitt (Tighe 75), Davis (Tilley 65), Starkey, Deen. Subs not used: Smith (GK), Horncastle, Wiltshire.*

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here