Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chip shop dinner...what are you having?

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
So, you are having a fish and chip dinner....what are you ordering? and where are you getting it from?

For me it's haddock, cod or scampi - and I prefer it breaded - with chips and mushy peas....with lots of ketchup & tartare sauce....

But it's all supermarket bought, as the chip shop version with all the fats and grease give me a massive migraine.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
So, you are having a fish and chip dinner....what are you ordering? and where are you getting it from?

For me it's haddock, cod or scampi - and I prefer it breaded - with chips and mushy peas....with lots of ketchup & tartare sauce....

But it's all supermarket bought, as the chip shop version with all the fats and grease give me a massive migraine.

Not worth having if it's not from the chippy, whole idea is to scoff it all down and feel sh!t after. Can't recreate it with a low fat option.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Nile perch fillets deep fried in a traditional homemade
beer batter and served with chips and salad .

Yummy

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If yer must though I'll have two greasy saveloys, funny coloured chips and plenty of sore finger from the place near the station.

Wait a minute, I'm not drunk yet.....

I meant lightly battered line caught bass with triple cooked duck fat chips and pea puree.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Large Cod and Chips.

Lots of salt and vinegar, pickled onions, bread and butter.

Preferably from Fishwicks at Worthing or Bankers.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Probably the only thing I miss about Aberdeen:

Haddock Supper (Large Haddock & Chips).

If I were still in Cheshire I might go for:

Steak and Kidney Pudding, Chips, Gravy and Mushy Peas

Salt & Vinegar as required with both of the above

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

You can't call it a chip shop dinner if you don't even get it from a chip shop!
Cool story though..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
chips from the chippy and some breaded fish fillets from the freezer in the beorhthelm house.

chip shop fish is rather expensive and varying quality of size, thickness and batter crispness. the freezer stuff is far nicer than a poor bit of fish, and about £1.50 a week if you split a packet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here