Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Falmer Cup 5 a side Charity Tournament - North Stand Chat - 27th June 2015

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It's the 2nd annual Falmer Cup Charity tournament (in aid of the Robert Eaton Memorial fund), and after our fun last year, I thought why not enter again?

North Stand Chat did really well last year, winning our first 3 group matches 2-0, 1-0 and 3-0. But unfortunately we lost the semi finals 5-2 to the tournament winners WeAreBrighton. But well played to the team :thumbsup: , we played bloody well until we all got knackered!

So for this year, we'll probably want to take about 10-11 players to get good squad rotation. Players that played last year can all play again if they want to, I'm sure there will be enough room for everyone. It's played at Brighton University's 3G pitches, just behind the AMEX. I don't know all the details yet, and I'll let everyone know here when the organisers get everything sorted. But if you want to have a look at what's going on, the organisers in the SouthWestCorner can be found on Twitter, Facebook, and I'm sure their website will be updated in due time.

It's 2 and a bit months until the tournament, so this is just to let everyone know the tournament is on, and if you want to join Team NSC (Or if you think you might not be able to play, but you'll think about it, since we've got 2 months to find replacements if you can't play), then post below and I'll put you on the team sheet! Hopefully I've said everything I need to say, but I always miss something!

Up the North Stand Chat! :albion2:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I spoke to that guy we had last year (who was pretty good) who used to play for Whitehawk. He's back in for this year.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
if you need a goalie ill come along and play.

Czechmate was our goalie last year (I think?), He'll probably want to go in goal again, but if you want to play outfield you are more than welcome to.

Yeh , I will probably be up for it again this year , enjoyed it last time ! :thumbsup:

Are you going to go in goal this year again? Since as above, Emphyrian says he can play in goal if you don't want it.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I would like to play in goal again , but don't mind a half on the pitch or reserve if emphyrian wants a go , the more the merrier and as you say we tired a bit near the end .

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I would like to play in goal again , but don't mind a half on the pitch or reserve if emphyrian wants a go , the more the merrier and as you say we tired a bit near the end .

Yeah I'm sure you can both rotate if you feel you're getting knackered. It's all a bit of fun anyway.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Put me down for Super Sub if you need one.

soccer-Miss.gif

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
After missing last year through illness and pestilence I'm willing to fill the Kemy role ������

DanRedman

Mar 18, 2014
I've never played in this but saw it last year. I'd love to this year if there's a team that needs players

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I've never played in this but saw it last year. I'd love to this year if there's a team that needs players

You are very welcome in our team. I'll put you on the list. :)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
We have about 7-8 players now. I've talked to a few people who played last year and they said the are happy to play, so another couple would be fantastic.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Would love to play but won't be able to travel down for any training/practice sessions before the day. So if you're happy for me to turn up on the day with my boots then I'm in!

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Would love to play but won't be able to travel down for any training/practice sessions before the day. So if you're happy for me to turn up on the day with my boots then I'm in!

We didn't do any training before the day, and we'll probably do the same this year too. I'll put you down! :)

Are you coming all the way down from Coventry?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I'd be interested in this, play a fair bit of 7 a side footy already so hopefully won't be too much of a hindrance!
[MENTION=1462]Wilka[/MENTION] What about you??

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here