Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jordan Rhodes to go out on loan

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not a "could do a job" thread, more a case of what a poor bit of decision making by Rovers?

Could have sold him for >£12 million in the transfer window, and now having to look at loaning him out to Derby or Norwich, as they've failed FFP so miserably.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ounty-or-Norwich-City-in-shock-loan-deal.html

Not been quite so lethal this season, but you'd think he'd be exactly the sort to fire an already-decent side like Derby or Norwich to promotion, surely?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sign him up, Tony !

Boost season ticket sales, and put down the marker about next season's direction :rock:

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Read somewhere this morning that Sheffield Wednesday :)lolol:) were going to bid £12 million for him, can't quite remember where now. Maybe I imagined it.

Sheffield Wednesday have just been taken over by some Far Eastern investor (whoever heard of such a thing?) and are talking about spending big to make a decent Premier League push next season. I'm not sure Jordan Rhodes will be on their radar though: their squad needs an awful lot of work to even get them in contention.

Also, this loan to Norwich/Derby looks like one of those loan-with-a-commitment-to-buy at the end, so he'll most likely end up at one of them permanently. Tough decision for him to make. Derby are a great side but wobbling severely of late. Norwich have been largely ineffective this season but have a great squad, plenty of money and are making a very strong late run, probably just at the right time.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Okay please accept my apologies, but he probably would 'do a job here'. Though I guess it's unlikely we'll pay the wages.
However I imagine he'd have more reason to tie his laces up if he came here, than he could expect at Derby or Norwich.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday have just been taken over by some Far Eastern investor (whoever heard of such a thing?) and are talking about spending big to make a decent Premier League push next season. I'm not sure Jordan Rhodes will be on their radar though: their squad needs an awful lot of work to even get them in contention.

Also, this loan to Norwich/Derby looks like one of those loan-with-a-commitment-to-buy at the end, so he'll most likely end up at one of them permanently. Tough decision for him to make. Derby are a great side but wobbling severely of late. Norwich have been largely ineffective this season but have a great squad, plenty of money and are making a very strong late run, probably just at the right time.

Either one is a substantial step up from Blackburn though.

Is this fact or just a rumour? It all seems a bit unlikely

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Either one is a substantial step up from Blackburn though.

Is this fact or just a rumour? It all seems a bit unlikely

Just got it from the Telegraph story I've linked to above.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bring him home Chris P. We need his firepower at the moment.

��������

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With him on £40 k a week, I should imagine any loan deal would involve ALL of the wages being paid.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: can also offer Thai e-mail order brides as an incentive to players to sign for them :lol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
With him on £40 k a week, I should imagine any loan deal would involve ALL of the wages being paid.

Which won't bother Norwich in the slightest, I should imagine. Derby haven't been big wage payers (compared to certain other sides) until this season, but they may well view it as a gamble worth taking now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The Wally with the Brolly was practically in tears about his need to bring in a striker.

He'll go to Derby for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here