Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most you did/would/have paid for a concert/theatre ticket ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I offered £ 500, for 2 Kate Bush tickets last year, Nowhere near enough. I think the hottest theatre ticket in Town this year is Bradley Cooper, London West End in the Elephant Man, every 3 month performance sold out months in advance, ebaying for £ 600 a ticket presently. Who/what would you really push the boat out for and what would be your limit ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
My girlfriend once paid over 100 quid for a Take That ticket. She's a ****ing idiot.

bognor gull

Feb 1, 2012
sunny bognor
Live once.

My girlfriend once paid over 100 quid for a Take That ticket. She's a ****ing idiot.

Well if she's an idiot! What am I ? I've paid over £100 several times for theatre tics. Robbie Williams at the O2 = £195 each, Jersey boys in NYC at approx' £220 each & Rod Stewart in Vegas about £180 each.
You live once, enjoy it while u can. Comprede la blues. Eh

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I don't think concert tickets are overpriced. Some of the artists listed very rarely play. Wasn't Kate Bush's previous live gig in 1979? What I do resent is the secondary market, pushing the price up by about 400%. Don't they charge a 20% handling fee, £10 postage & then VAT @ 20%. It's outrageous that the parasites make more from ticket sales than the artist.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In the 80s I paid £100 off a tout to watch Bowie at the Brixton Academy - dread to think what that is now days

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I paid $500 for 2 tickets to a Willie Nelson concert in Milwaukee a few years back. Figured I'd never get the chance again and he was brilliant if mildly disappointingly sober.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This thread puts my £45 + £7 booking fee for REM a few years ago in to perspective. I got a bargain !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The title, at the very least, suggests that this is a valid thread.
My answer is £500, maybe £1k if things are going well, to see Tom Waits. Mind you, I might have to wait. His last European 'tour' constituted two nights in a small venue in Paris about a decade ago. Tom likes to say "gotta keep em keen".

With a name like " Waits " surely this is not a surprise ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
England v Columbia at lens in France 98. Spent some hours waking about randomly asking frogs "a vende un place pours le match?" Until I mey a rather shy lens STH who had one. Did some brisk business and paid £240 in euros for a seat in the gods with a load of old surrender monkeys. Fantastic day though. Realised a lot about how England fans get horribly mistreated by local OB and grasping bar owners as well as the UK press and TV.

The Germans came to lens a few days later and rioted causing a gendarme to die. Not a word said about that little mishap.

Tiptop24

Jan 23, 2007
Chicago, USA
Most I shelled out was to see the police reunion tour in Milwaukee a few years back. Was a top day out.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Well if she's an idiot! What am I ? I've paid over £100 several times for theatre tics. Robbie Williams at the O2 = £195 each, Jersey boys in NYC at approx' £220 each & Rod Stewart in Vegas about £180 each.
You live once, enjoy it while u can. Comprede la blues. Eh

Seems like you are here to tell us how much money you have and how well travelled you are...... Smashing !

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Most I've ever paid was £65 for Green Day and Kaiser Chiefs at The Emirates 2 years ago. I don't think there is a single artist I would ever pay more than that to go and see. Unless Freddie came back from the dead that is.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Foo fighters at Wembley this summer. I went for the top priced tickets as got front row close to the stage. Cost £308 for three tickets after all the fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here