Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What LEVEL is The Championship in terms of QUALITY?

Rate the Championships Quality and Entertainment Value

• Poor Quality / Good Entertainment

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Average Quality / Good Entertainment

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Great quality and entertainment

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Poor all round

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Average all round

Votes: 6 14.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just written a preview of the Reading game for one of their sites and one thing we discussed was who would go up and down - and why there was such a small points gap between first and seventh.

For me this is a sign of a very poor quality division. Fans of Bournemouth and Brentford might be creaming it because of how close they are to the promised land but are Derby, Watford and Boro really all that? Wouldn't we be riding high if we still had Bridge, Vicente, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Barnes and Ulloa.

Which is a long way of saying I think this season's Championship is a very POOR quality league, but that fact has produced some quality entertainment. How about you?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
No stand out teams this year, pretty average I'd say
All 3 teams promoted will struggle unless they invest heavily

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Just written a preview of the Reading game for one of their sites and one thing we discussed was who would go up and down - and why there was such a small points gap between first and seventh.

For me this is a sign of a very poor quality division. Fans of Bournemouth and Brentford might be creaming it because of how close they are to the promised land but are Derby, Watford and Boro really all that? Wouldn't we be riding high if we still had Bridge, Vicente, Upson, Bridcutt, Buckley, Barnes and Ulloa.

Which is a long way of saying I think this season's Championship is a very POOR quality league, but that fact has produced some quality entertainment. How about you?

We would have absolutely ROMPED home.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Any team can beat any team which makes for great entertainment. There are players from La Liga, Premier League, Eredivisie, & Bundesliga so the quality is average to good.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO The Championship is much the same as much of the Prem i.e. average quality/good entertainment. Most of what it's missing is the SKY spin and deeper and more meaningless analysis by gormless former pros.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Better quality, and standard than the Czech top league....its like the Scottish league.. Sparta, Plzen.....and thats about it..the rest are dross.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
From the limited bits I've seen of it it does seem weaker than previous years. It might be rose tinted nostalgia(or even just ill informed idiocy) but I'm convinced the side we had in 2012/13 wold be about 10 points clear in this seasons division.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here