Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

U21's v. Wolves

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Noticed the U21s are away against Wolves tonight - playing at AFC Telford United's ground, the New Bucks Head. As it it local to me, I'll pop along.

I'll admit to being a fairly bad fan - I have never seen the U21s play before - which players should I be looking out for?

Also, for anyone that is local - kick off is 7pm, tickets are £5.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Noticed the U21s are away against Wolves tonight - playing at AFC Telford United's ground, the New Bucks Head. As it it local to me, I'll pop along.

I'll admit to being a fairly bad fan - I have never seen the U21s play before - which players should I be looking out for?

Danny Pappoe, Jimmy Muitt and Jessie Starkey are always worth a watch. Enjoy the game!

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford

i'll be there too fella!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
i'll be there too fella!

I just hope it goes ahead - Telford were asking for volunteers to help clear the waterlogged pitch at lunch time:

[tweet]574879474220687360[/tweet]

EDIT: I have just phoned Telford United, and the man on the phones says the game is going ahead.

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
I just hope it goes ahead - Telford were asking for volunteers to help clear the waterlogged pitch at lunch time:

[tweet]574879474220687360[/tweet]

EDIT: I have just phoned Telford United, and the man on the phones says the game is going ahead.

yep, i work for the club and i spoke to them earlier and they were confident that the game would be on

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Glen Rea, plays cb and cdm both very well. Captain of u21's, local lad and has made the bench a few times this season!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any live updates from supporters who are watching this? Nothing on the Albion or Wolves twitter feeds.

A photo of a teamsheet would be great :thumbsup:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
Any live updates from supporters who are watching this? Nothing on the Albion or Wolves twitter feeds.

A photo of a teamsheet would be great :thumbsup:

I was at the game and i thought the lads played quite well. Moved the ball around superbly well and looked far better than wolves. Robin Deen upfront ran around, huffed and puffed but didn't really get into the game. We had about 20mins where we tried to force it too much - so just like the first team, especially with the lack of a quality striker.

Wolves took the lead just before half time. Very controversial penalty, little tangle of legs but next to no contact.....poor decision (but the ref actually had a decent game. Walton got a strong hand to it but couldn't keep it out. We scored with literally the last kick off the game. Starkey whipped in a superb delivery and Will Collar flicked it over the keeper and in, via the bar. A very clever finish!

In all pretty good. The wolves left back was shocking and should have been sent off in the first half for countless fouls! Shame we didn't get Davis running at him more often
Charlie Harris looked the best player on the pitch with a real 'complete' midfielder's performance. Young Will Collar looked very tidy playing next to him. Walton looked very comfortable in goal too.

Didn't get a team sheet but 1-11 was:

1 Christian Walton
2 Bradley Barry
3 Dessie Hutchinson (i think!)
4 Will Collar
5 Danny Pappoe
6 Ben Barclay
7 Jason Davis
8 Charlie Harris
9 Robin Deen
10 Jimmy Muitt
11 Jesse Starkey

two subs came on and there we 12 Conor Tihge & 14 James Lilley

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I was at the game and i thought the lads played quite well. Moved the ball around superbly well and looked far better than wolves. Robin Deen upfront ran around, huffed and puffed but didn't really get into the game. We had about 20mins where we tried to force it too much - so just like the first team, especially with the lack of a quality striker.

Wolves took the lead just before half time. Very controversial penalty, little tangle of legs but next to no contact.....poor decision (but the ref actually had a decent game. Walton got a strong hand to it but couldn't keep it out. We scored with literally the last kick off the game. Starkey whipped in a superb delivery and Will Collar flicked it over the keeper and in, via the bar. A very clever finish!

In all pretty good. The wolves left back was shocking and should have been sent off in the first half for countless fouls! Shame we didn't get Davis running at him more often
Charlie Harris looked the best player on the pitch with a real 'complete' midfielder's performance. Young Will Collar looked very tidy playing next to him. Walton looked very comfortable in goal too.

Didn't get a team sheet but 1-11 was:

1 Christian Walton
2 Bradley Barry
3 Dessie Hutchinson (i think!)
4 Will Collar
5 Danny Pappoe
6 Ben Barclay
7 Jason Davis
8 Charlie Harris
9 Robin Deen
10 Jimmy Muitt
11 Jesse Starkey

two subs came on and there we 12 Conor Tihge & 14 James Lilley

Much appreciated [MENTION=20158]Telford Seagull[/MENTION]

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I have never seen Danny Pappoe before, but thought he looked really good - in terms of his physical development, he was visibly stronger than every other player on the pitch. If he were bench pressing next to me in the gym, I imagine that I would quietly leave the free weights area. On top of that, he looked like a good player - I was impressed.

Walton was assured, I initially thought he had saved the Wolves penalty, but it was just too strong to keep out. Otherwise, the players looked alright, technically very capable but as [MENTION=20158]Telford Seagull[/MENTION] says, they tried to force the issue a bit too much at times. They didn't look out of their depth against a Wolves team that included three players with regular first team experience.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Charlie Harris has always impressed me whenever I've seen him. First-team material, but for us or Swindon?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have never seen Danny Pappoe before, but thought he looked really good - in terms of his physical development, he was visibly stronger than every other player on the pitch. If he were bench pressing next to me in the gym, I imagine that I would quietly leave the free weights area. On top of that, he looked like a good player - I was impressed.

Walton was assured, I initially thought he had saved the Wolves penalty, but it was just too strong to keep out. Otherwise, the players looked alright, technically very capable but as [MENTION=20158]Telford Seagull[/MENTION] says, they tried to force the issue a bit too much at times. They didn't look out of their depth against a Wolves team that included three players with regular first team experience.

Pappoe seems to have serious (on field) discipline problems, that are going to hinder any chance of progression unless he is able to address them. He is a walking red card.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It sounds like a massive error from Walton.

Any keeper worthy of the Albion would have held that penalty.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here