Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince to be left out of squad to face Reading?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
One word for Chris Hughton....why? Tiredness? Loss of form? He hasn't shown either so why leave him out again? We need his strength and presence in the middle of the park. Despite our win, we looked a weaker team against Derby without him ... in my view, of course. What do others' think?

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11841757._/?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Every time I've questioned Hughton's team selection the changes have worked and we've walked away with wins, so I think CH knows what he's doing. I've certainly got more faith in his tinkering with team selections than the previous muppet we had in charge.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oscar used to rest Ince too. The way he plays he's going to burn out if not handled sensibly and out experienced management team know this.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He gives the ball away cheaply & naively several times a game & against the better teams we'll be punished. When he manages to eradicate this from his game & become as good in the air as his physique would suggest he'll be a very, very good player. He's still young, we build him up far too much on here

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ince hasn't looked tired IMHO. Has played well too. Laughable that the Argus compares the Ince decision to the JFC one! The latter was clearly struggling, and obviously the correct decision to give him a 'rest'.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I'd be inclined to give CH the benefit of the doubt.

If it doesn't work then it will no doubt be used against him by some, but he doesn't strike me a man to make a decision without some clear reasoning.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
If Ince missing a few games now means he's in top form for the rest of the season I'm OK with that.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He's a young developing player who hardly stops running when he's on the pitch, he is obviously going to need to be carefully managed and rested from time to time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the naughty step is getting somewhat crowded

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
An article of pure Argus speculation, with the only a quote from post Derby (a week ago) as evidence that Ince might miss out at Reading, nothing to see here, again.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Ince hasn't looked tired IMHO. Has played well too. Laughable that the Argus compares the Ince decision to the JFC one! The latter was clearly struggling, and obviously the correct decision to give him a 'rest'.

I thought he looked tired at Bolton

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Given its the Argus, he may well start tomorrow night. But if he doesn't I would take this at face value - i.e. CH thinks there are better options for this game. Maybe he thinks its tough to change a team that beat the league leaders in their last outing, even if that was a bit fortunate.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Given its the Argus, he may well start tomorrow night. But if he doesn't I would take this at face value - i.e. CH thinks there are better options for this game. Maybe he thinks its tough to change a team that beat the league leaders in their last outing, even if that was a bit fortunate.

CH isn't going to give the Argus, or anyone else a hint, as to his starting line up tomorrow. Why give the opposition time to think about their tactics?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here