Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England vs Bangladesh

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Bangladesh were 8-2 and 99-4. Are now 262-6 with 2 overs left.

Will our boys be able to chase that down against a wall of spin? Will this be the death knell of English one-day cricket? Do we care?! Could be interesting viewing...

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
275-7 off 50. The highest ODI score by Bangladesh against England. Game on.

Quite the opposite, I hope. With a new chief at the helm of English cricket, an abject shambles of a year under the new coach and an ODI team that is 20 years out of date, rethinking must be close?

Get rid of Moores and some of the old guard, Broad and Anderson (ODIs) for starters, and let the players pay without fear - Mentioned on a different thread that I talked to Andrew Strauss a few weeks ago and that he mentioned one of the big changes when he and Flower picked up the pieces from Pietersen and Moores is that they started treating the team as adults, let them give their inputs and think for themselves. It's so bloody obvious that we've gone back to the old ways of Moores and his school teacher approach.

I forget which Saffer commentator was talking about players and press conferences, and he was so right about the England team, they talk from a script, they're even coached in what to say to the media, it's pathetic.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It all seems so irrelevant. Even if we get through, we are going out at the first knockout stage.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It all seems so irrelevant. Even if we get through, we are going out at the first knockout stage.

My fear is that we do get through, somehow scrape a victory in the quarters then pluckily lose in the semi heralding the turned corner and an exciting new phase for English ODI cricket.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Quite the opposite, I hope. With a new chief at the helm of English cricket, an abject shambles of a year under the new coach and an ODI team that is 20 years out of date, rethinking must be close?

Get rid of Moores and some of the old guard, Broad and Anderson (ODIs) for starters, and let the players pay without fear - Mentioned on a different thread that I talked to Andrew Strauss a few weeks ago and that he mentioned one of the big changes when he and Flower picked up the pieces from Pietersen and Moores is that they started treating the team as adults, let them give their inputs and think for themselves. It's so bloody obvious that we've gone back to the old ways of Moores and his school teacher approach.

I forget which Saffer commentator was talking about players and press conferences, and he was so right about the England team, they talk from a script, they're even coached in what to say to the media, it's pathetic.

I would hope that a rethink has to be on the cards no matter what, surely?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Disastrous start avoided by DRS and 1 cm ...!!

What could go wrong?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. Hope we get stuffed - sad to say that but we need a complete rethink

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
A real statement of intent here by England, Bangaladesh powerless to stop the flow of runs. England are saying " do what you like but you cannot stop us scoring 4.5 an over." The Bangaladeshi bowling will surely crack under this sustained pressure. The Indians must be glued to their tv's and watching in horror. How will they hope to contain the England run machine ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A real statement of intent here by England, Bangaladesh powerless to stop the flow of runs. England are saying " do what you like but you cannot stop us scoring 4.5 an over." The Bangaladeshi bowling will surely crack under this sustained pressure. The Indians must be glued to their tv's and watching in horror. How will they hope to contain the England run machine ?

India may have played a couple of good games in this tournament so far, but let's not forget - they're a bit shit too. Especially in ODI away from the sub continent.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly right. 4.5 runs an over, that's a good scoring rate for the middle overs when we're chasing a challenging but not insurmountable target (such as something over 315). England couldn't be more old-fashioned if they all grew mutton-chop whiskers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here