Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Go to Barbados, you won't regret it.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Been there twice was out there for xmas, love the place, also been to Dom Republic 4 times, we just fancy a change, Cuba, was one of our other places, decisions decisions

Jamaica is a lot more expensive than Cuba for flights and AI.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Granted, it has been a long time since I went to Cuba, but I didn't stay in a resort. There are residencies that will put you up (or used to).

I paid $20 a night for food and board. The owners will move out and give you their rooms if there are enough visitors.

It's an amazing place (or was?).

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Thinking of going to Jamaica on family holiday, any recommendations ? As I said its for family 16-----45 years of age, cheers in advance.

Yes.

Don't you walk through their words, try to show some respect. And concentrate on truckin' right.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
But he wants to go Jamaica.
I liked Jamaica, I went to Negril some time ago, maybe Negril is a little to far away from some of the main tourist attractions unless you don't mind travelling about as it is up one end of the island.
However there was plenty to do around Negril. The heat, rum based cocktails, Red Stripe and laid back vibe of the locals did not really make me want to move around much anyway.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Been there twice was out there for xmas, love the place, also been to Dom Republic 4 times, we just fancy a change, Cuba, was one of our other places, decisions decisions

It's grand, you do have to stay in the right area and hotel or its full or Northern pikeys as its decently priced.

Jamaica is decent, drop me a pm when you know what you want and i can see what I can do (I'm a travel agent)

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
But he wants to go Jamaica.
I liked Jamaica, I went to Negril some time ago, maybe Negril is a little to far away from some of the main tourist attractions unless you don't mind travelling about as it is up one end of the island.
However there was plenty to do around Negril. The heat, rum based cocktails, Red Stripe and laid back vibe of the locals did not really make me want to move around much anyway.

I'll second this. Negril is a gorgeous part of the Island, We stayed in the Riu tropical bay a few years back.It's total luxury. A trip to Dunns river falls is a must.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
OK, IF YOU LIKE A HOLIDAY IN A COMPOUND ................................... only what i've heard
regards
DR

Its a fair point, we went Sandals to Negril, there was also Beaches and Hedonism next door all private but not surrounded by fences (except Hedonism but that was for a different reason)
It was pointed out that it was not particularly safe to venture out at night alone, but there was evening excursions to restaurants/bars that had reggae bands playing and cliff diving at sunset which was great. Also dayime excursions to the tourist attractions, funnily enough no trips to Kingston though.
I think a lot of hotels work this way in Jamaica with security at the gates and patrolling the grounds, it was the same in Sri Lanka.
It did not spoil the holiday at all though.

Jan 30, 2008
Its a fair point, we went Sandals to Negril, there was also Beaches and Hedonism next door all private but not surrounded by fences (except Hedonism but that was for a different reason)
It was pointed out that it was not particularly safe to venture out at night alone, but there was evening excursions to restaurants/bars that had reggae bands playing and cliff diving at sunset which was great. Also dayime excursions to the tourist attractions, funnily enough no trips to Kingston though.
I think a lot of hotels work this way in Jamaica with security at the gates and patrolling the grounds, it was the same in Sri Lanka.
It did not spoil the holiday at all though.
no, but you do feel that you're holiday's cultural experiences are being limited if that's what you want
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here