Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Beirne hijacking the official Albion Twitter feed for a couple of hours tonight...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He's funny.

But some humourless Pompey (!) fan failing to get it :roll eyes:

[tweet]574649805873487873[/tweet]

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
An Albion notepad and pen!!

What did the Pompey tweet say as I can't read it?

That one said something about Albion being a small club. To which I responded with something along the lines of "That's physics for you. Things always look smaller when you're miles away'.

Unfortunately it's now descended into a load of rather unpleasant homophobic abuse on his part towards Albion fans. Turns out he's only about 14 or 15 (and lives in Lewes!). I've attempted to politely educate him and seek an apology, which he more or less did. But lots of people have seen his tweets & I suspect he may now be getting "education" from a more authoritative figure than me.

Silly little boy :facepalm:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
That one said something about Albion being a small club. To which I responded with something along the lines of "That's physics for you. Things always look smaller when you're miles away'.

Unfortunately it's now descended into a load of rather unpleasant homophobic abuse on his part towards Albion fans. Turns out he's only about 14 or 15 (and lives in Lewes!). I've attempted to politely educate him and seek an apology, which he more or less did. But lots of people have seen his tweets & I suspect he may now be getting "education" from a more authoritative figure than me.

Oh dear. Twitter does seem to attract the less intelligent.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

Get the OB onto it :smile:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing

Does anyone get more authoritative than you Edna?!?!?!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Does anyone get more authoritative than you Edna?!?!?!

Ha, well as I realised that he was only a kid, I figured it might be worth trying to explain things to him, to get it across why such things aren't acceptable (let's be honest, many, many teenage boys frequently use the word "gay" as a term of abuse, along with the [other] F word. I just wanted to see if I could make him understand). There are official channels to go through to report these things, which some people have done, and he's now digging frantically, trying to avoid any consequences.

As I said, silly little boy who lacks the life experience to consider the impact of his words/actions.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You'd think they'd check their answers before asking the questions though.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ha, well as I realised that he was only a kid, I figured it might be worth trying to explain things to him, to get it across why such things aren't acceptable (let's be honest, many, many teenage boys frequently use the word "gay" as a term of abuse, along with the [other] F word. I just wanted to see if I could make him understand). There are official channels to go through to report these things, which some people have done, and he's now digging frantically, trying to avoid any consequences.

As I said, silly little boy who lacks the life experience to consider the impact of his words/actions.

Hopefully it will be a lesson learnt

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just been reading the tweet thread..... Top work to all concerned!!!! Bet the lad is crapping himself, and deservedly so.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Felt a bit sorry for him as he's not destined to go far in life judging by his tweets. Priceless when I told him I knew you were a new fan who only started going to games when you discovered the Anex last season :lol:

Also it's not often a kid from Lewes says he doesn't want to mix with 'Brighton scum' haha

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Got to laugh at his (presumably well intentioned) response: "Just clearing it up that I'm not homophobic. I live near Brighton" [emoji23]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here