Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Personal injury claim

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
Had a car crash couple of weeks back. Slight whiplash and still struggling with my lower back when driving for long periods ! Just been offered £1000 , is it still the norm to always reject the first offer??

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ask for £2.5k , they'll come back with a better offer.

Jul 7, 2003
Get a full medical assessment if you think you have whiplash - it isn't to be taken lightly. Many people joke about whiplash and also many people claim to have this after an accident without any proof.

However, if you really have got whiplash it can take a long time to recover from and your £1000 will soon start disappearing in physio/osteopath/chiropractor fees. If end up having to take time off work because you can't drive this could also affect you. Likewise, lower back pain should be checked as it is easy to overlook something that could be more serious.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Get a full medical assessment if you think you have whiplash - it isn't to be taken lightly. Many people joke about whiplash and also many people claim to have this after an accident without any proof.

However, if you really have got whiplash it can take a long time to recover from and your £1000 will soon start disappearing in physio/osteopath/chiropractor fees. If end up having to take time off work because you can't drive this could also affect you. Likewise, lower back pain should be checked as it is easy to overlook something that could be more serious.

Excellent advice which I wish I had taken!

I was shunted from the rear whilst stationary at a roundabout - I had what I thought was slight whiplash and just shrugged it off as the symptoms disappeared after a few weeks - it was some seven or eight years later that I started getting pins and needles and loss of use in my right arm. An MRI scan revealed that I had a broken vertebrae in my neck - the operation to remove the bone callus and fuse the vertebrae to the one above it and below it took nearly six hours.

The result is that I have permanent limited motion in my neck as well as discomfort when sitting for long periods.

My advice would be that if you genuinely are still in pain this long after the accident then make sure you have it fully investigated BEFORE accepting any settlement. There is no hurry as you have up to six years to claim.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Excellent advice which I wish I had taken!

I was shunted from the rear whilst stationary at a roundabout - I had what I thought was slight whiplash and just shrugged it off as the symptoms disappeared after a few weeks - it was some seven or eight years later that I started getting pins and needles and loss of use in my right arm. An MRI scan revealed that I had a broken vertebrae in my neck - the operation to remove the bone callus and fuse the vertebrae to the one above it and below it took nearly six hours.

The result is that I have permanent limited motion in my neck as well as discomfort when sitting for long periods.

My advice would be that if you genuinely are still in pain this long after the accident then make sure you have it fully investigated BEFORE accepting any settlement. There is no hurry as you have up to six years to claim.

Sorry to hear your story. Worse that it was nothing to do with you.

Its 3 years to claim though.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Uk is getting so like the USA.
What can I get out of it society.
Don't complain about higher insurance premiums.

Who pays? The insured!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here