Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two more cases of football violence

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Along with Villa:

Case one:

Players and club officials were attacked as violence erupted at the end of an FA Vase quarter final tie.

Saturday's game at Tadcaster Albion's i2i stadium in North Yorkshire saw visitors Highworth Town run out 1-0 winners.

Trouble flared at the end of the match with reports Highworth's chairman and goalkeeper were among those injured.

In a statement, Tadcaster officials said they were "devastated" by the "totally unacceptable" violence.

Meanwhile, the visitors from Wiltshire said the scenes were "regrettable and ruined what should have been a celebration of a magnificent achievement for Highworth Town".

The Tadcaster statement said: "We are devastated with the scenes at the end of yesterday's game.

"We will continue to work closely with the police, Highworth Town and the FA.

"We are determined to bring those responsible to account.

"As a club we apologise to everyone who witnessed and were on the receiving end of totally unacceptable behaviour.

"We do however wish to thank the majority of the 1,307 crowd who behaved impeccably."

Case 2:

A Watford football fan is in a critical condition after being attacked by a gang in Wolverhampton on Saturday.

The 44-year-old was with a group of friends making his way to the railway station to return to Hemel Hempstead after a match at Molineux stadium.

They were attacked in Littles Lane at about 17:00 GMT, West Midlands Police said.

Det Sgt Adam Keen said the group was "completely outnumbered" and the man was left with a severe head injury.

He is currently in hospital with what the force described as "life-threatening injuries".

"His family have been informed and we are in the process of taking statements from witnesses and locating any CCTV which might have captured those responsible for the attack," Det Sgt Keen said.

He appealed for anyone with information on the attack to come forward.

The Championship match between Wolves and Watford finished in a 2-2 draw.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sad feel for the Watford fella, Wolves werent so brave a couple of seasons ago when BHA had numbers.

Not so keen when they realised both of the mobs were the same size.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Wolves always play the numbers game . Had a run in with them a few years ago when heavily outnumbered , bunch of wankers !

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He's too busy talking shit on his recent thread.

He talks shit on every thread that he comments on.

Someone went to watch his football team and has been left with life threatening injuries. Apologists for this sort of behaviour are utter scum, as are those who take part in it.

Utter scum.

Jan 30, 2008
He talks shit on every thread that he comments on.

Someone went to watch his football team and has been left with life threatening injuries. Apologists for this sort of behaviour are utter scum, as are those who take part in it.

Utter scum.
really , plenty of people seem to want to get their points of view across on them, i'd call them stimulating, as for Wolves some of them got banged up for attacking the railway bell last season SOME ONE GOT A LUMP OF WOOD AROUND THEIR HEAD SO I HEARD :nono:
regards
DR

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am continually disappointed by the apologists for the "good old days" of the 70's and 80's and those who wish to return to them.
You would hope they might have grown wisdom with age or tired of causing hurt and attracting shame.
Some, sadly some on here included, let themselves and their club down.

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Was in the Billy Wright again this season from about 11am, all fine in there and talking in pure Sussex ! Must admit we did get some funny looks lol !

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I am continually disappointed by the apologists for the "good old days" of the 70's and 80's and those who wish to return to them.
You would hope they might have grown wisdom with age or tired of causing hurt and attracting shame.
Some, sadly some on here included, let themselves and their club down.

I agree entirely with your sentiments severnside gull but I suppose the reality is that those were the "glory days" for which the sad throwbacks still yearn.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Along with Villa:

I'm sure this has probably been debated over the weekend, so apologies if this o=is old ground, but...

'Two more cases of football VIOLENCE'...'along with Villa'.

What violence was there at Villa, for heaven's sake?

The media over-reaction to a celebratory pitch invasion has been utterly ridiculous.

From the commentary team's "We don't want to see scenes like this", to Pulis' "mindless idiots", to one paper's reference to 'a return to the dark days of the 80's". Dark days of the 80's my ****ing ARSE.

In the earlier rounds, when the Warrington fans, then the Blyth fans swarmed on the pitch after famous wins, the very same commentators and media told us they were 'great scenes', 'magic of the cup', blah blah - then Villa fans do the same, and we are told it constitutes 'football violence'.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm sure this has probably been debated over the weekend, so apologies if this o=is old ground, but...

'Two more cases of football VIOLENCE'...'along with Villa'.

What violence was there at Villa, for heaven's sake?

The media over-reaction to a celebratory pitch invasion has been utterly ridiculous.

From the commentary team's "We don't want to see scenes like this", to Pulis' "mindless idiots", to one paper's reference to 'a return to the dark days of the 80's". Dark days of the 80's my ****ing ARSE.

In the earlier rounds, when the Warrington fans, then the Blyth fans swarmed on the pitch after famous wins, the very same commentators and media told us they were 'great scenes', 'magic of the cup', blah blah - then Villa fans do the same, and we are told it constitutes 'football violence'.

What a load of absolute bollocks.

I've been saying exactly this to my colleagues all morning. Utterly LUDICROUS over-reaction to a bit of over exuberance from Villa fans and a grand total of two seats being broken in the West Brom end.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I've been saying exactly this to my colleagues all morning. Utterly LUDICROUS over-reaction to a bit of over exuberance from Villa fans and a grand total of two seats being broken in the West Brom end.

What POPPYCOCK. Won't anyone think about the children?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here