Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Question

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Hi Peeps,

So I have a season ticket question, rather than being patient and waiting until tomorrow to call the club I thought I would ask you lot.

I have a ticket in the West Stand Upper, my Brother has decided to give his up (can't afford it) which leaves me on my todd going to games. So I was looking at the Family Stand as my little lad is coming up 4 and wants to come to some games. If I purchase on for him (under 10 ticket) and on occasions he doesn't go are we then able to convert it to an adult ticket on a game to game basis for my friends or family to come?

All answers gratefully received.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Yes, for the price difference plus a quid I think.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I believe you can as my brother has done the same with an under 18 ticket before now.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
If the tickets are in the family stand you must have a child with you. If you upgrade the child ticket to adult then if there is availability elsewhere in the ground both seats will be relocated. If there is a cost difference between the adult seat in the family stand and the relocation seat you will also need to pay the difference for that.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If the tickets are in the family stand you must have a child with you. If you upgrade the child ticket to adult then if there is availability elsewhere in the ground both seats will be relocated. If there is a cost difference between the adult seat in the family stand and the relocation seat you will also need to pay the difference for that.

Ok, so what happens if the little man doesn't go but I to go on me todd (if no one else can come)?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If you can afford it, I would keep your seats and put your nipper in the west upper with you in brothers seat, it's still dirt cheap for kids up there, the only issue being potential language I guess.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
If you can afford it, I would keep your seats and put your nipper in the west upper with you in brothers seat, it's still dirt cheap for kids up there, the only issue being potential language I guess.

The language up where is sit is terrible. Mostly from me!

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Ok, so what happens if the little man doesn't go but I to go on me todd (if no one else can come)?

Good question - I'm not sure. I don't sit in the family stand for a number of reasons, too many kids :), and upgrading tickets is a pain, the other is when your kids are too old for the family stand if there are no available season tickets then you go onto the waiting list.

I suppose that season ticket availability isn't an issue at the moment, but if by some miracle we ever get to the premier league and are there when you need to move out of the family stand it could get a bit tricky.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Good question - I'm not sure. I don't sit in the family stand for a number of reasons, too many kids :), and upgrading tickets is a pain, the other is when your kids are too old for the family stand if there are no available season tickets then you go onto the waiting list.

I suppose that season ticket availability isn't an issue at the moment, but if by some miracle we ever get to the premier league and are there when you need to move out of the family stand it could get a bit tricky.
Is that right?
How the hell can the club think its a good idea to stop people coming to games that may have had season tickets for years.

If true, that's utter madness.

Surely you should be able to stay in the Family Stand until suitable seats become available elsewhere.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is that right?
How the hell can the club think its a good idea to stop people coming to games that may have had season tickets for years.

If true, that's utter madness.

Surely you should be able to stay in the Family Stand until suitable seats become available elsewhere.
This. It would be madness to stop people coming in that event. At first the club were very strong about the no child rule but I don't think it's so now. A friend pointed out to me that the family stand area has been shrunk and half of block c is no longer in it. So my tickets are out of the stand now. However in the past there has been no problem with my brother's wife going instead of me even though they've got no children. The club once told me that they'd only keep one in the family stand when upgrading from child to adult if there was no room elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if this was less stringently adhered to now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The carer of a disabled ST cannot attend on their own if the disabled isnt present. Does this work the same for the family stand a child must be present in order to use the adult ticket.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Regarding this paying the difference to upgrade the ticket - is that to the price of an adult season ticket holder or an adult single ticket price (big difference)?

Have done it with my dad's before as he's a senior citizen and they've always charged me £10 which I think is from Senior to Adult Season ticket price.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing

Ive upgraded my 13yr old son`s ticket to an adult ticket for a number of evening games in the family stand this season, no questions asked. Just paid the difference in the price, usually around £18 or so. Always phoned the booking line to upgrade.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Neither has a carer I know but has been advised the rules have changed for season 2015/16 so much so that the carer no longer gets loyalty points for his ST. It is accepted the carer doesnt pay for his ST but if the disabled couldnt go to an important game, for whatever reason, the carer wont have accumulated sufficient points to buy a seperate ticket. Thought perhaps this will be the same in the family stand for the coming season.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Neither has a carer I know but has been advised the rules have changed for season 2015/16 so much so that the carer no longer gets loyalty points for his ST. It is accepted the carer doesnt pay for his ST but if the disabled couldnt go to an important game, for whatever reason, the carer wont have accumulated sufficient points to buy a seperate ticket. Thought perhaps this will be the same in the family stand for the coming season.
I wonder if it depends on who you talk to. Once, my son couldn't go at the last minute and I phoned to change his ticket to adult for my dad who's a pensioner and they didn't take any money and said no other action was necessary. In the end it would be crazy to turn people away with tickets, particularly as they want to maximise matchday income.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Why does NSC always want absolute and definitive rules and then use them as weapons against the club we all love. I doubt if the club set out to prevent paying fans attending but to prevent widespread abuse they have to set some "rules" but then apply them with common sense. An example is "carers" who I think are extremely well treated in getting a free season ticket.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here