Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you seen the muppett show

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is this durge possibly the worst and most embarrassing chant that comes from us? I had the misfortune to be a couple of rows in front of the ahem muppett who kept trying to get this going at Bolton luckily this time it failed to catch on. It just makes us look tin pot that certain cretins resort to this non discript crap when they should be getting behind the lads. Is not be surprised based on some performances that our players don't think its aimed at at them. Awful just awful.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Utterly shit which often gets abuse where i sit.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Is this durge possibly the worst and most embarrassing chant that comes from us? I had the misfortune to be a couple of rows in front of the ahem muppett who kept trying to get this going at Bolton luckily this time it failed to catch on. It just makes us look tin pot that certain cretins resort to this non discript crap when they should be getting behind the lads. Is not be surprised based on some performances that our players don't think its aimed at at them. Awful just awful.

Really?

Have you seen the Muppet show?
It's on at Selhurst Park you know!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

What chant have you composed then?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe Cardiff City received a complaint from Bristol City a some years back when they played the muppet theme tune as Bristol City ran out before kick off, back in the days when you did not always have both teams running out together.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Really?

Have you seen the Muppet show?
It's on at Selhurst Park you know!

All it says to me is we have an inferiority complex where Palace are concerned. Do they come up with numerous chants about us when playing at away grouns all over the country ( I don't know but i doubt it) It's simlar to Bolton playing at teh Amex singing it about manchetser United a team that have been generally better and more succesful than themselves and drawing attention to the fact.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
All it says to me is we have an inferiority complex where Palace are concerned. Do they come up with numerous chants about us when playing at away grouns all over the country ( I don't know but i doubt it) It's simlar to Bolton playing at teh Amex singing it about manchetser United a team that have been generally better and more succesful than themselves and drawing attention to the fact.

They are our local rivals, what are we supposed to do? - sing songs about how superior and great they are because they are higher in the football pyramid than us at present? Stop the rivalry and declare them the better team (even though that can all change in a short time and we could be the team that dominates the rivalry in the near future, this is football and it can all change in a heartbeat)

All your post does is make you sound like you're Palace and that the song is actually getting to you, and yes, they do sing songs about us and have done for decades too.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At this rate all that will be left and acceptable to sing will be Alllllllbbbbbbbbbiiiiioooooooonnnnnnnn.
We will be on par with Leeds and their one song.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nothing wrong with it, adds to the atmosphere, quiet weekend football wise so a thread moaning about songs is par for the course.

albionite

May 20, 2009
F*ck me someone else moaning about a song, why don't we just all sit there in silence so not to upset anyone:rolleyes:

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
At this rate all that will be left and acceptable to sing will be Alllllllbbbbbbbbbiiiiioooooooonnnnnnnn.
We will be on par with Leeds and their one song.

Been plenty of complaints about that one too.

It seems we, like every other team, have a spattering of fans who would rather we'd all sit in silence than have some fans making any noise and trying to create an atmosphere at games.

They shouldn't be enough to discourage the fans who try to make some noise at games, but they seem to more than they should. To those who do try, why does it matter to you what they think, ignore them and keep going is all i say.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Give it a rest you moaning bore; if you're that worried then channel your energies into creating a better chant and get it going at the next game.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Been plenty of complaints about that one too.

It seems we, like every other team, have a spattering of fans who would rather we'd all sit in silence than have some fans making any noise and trying to create an atmosphere at games.

They shouldn't be enough to discourage the fans who try to make some noise at games, but they seem to more than they should. To those who do try, why does it matter to you what they think, ignore them and keep going is all i say.

Yep.
Just a thought, nearly every set of fans sing the same songs and insert their own player/team into the song.
As far as i know no other fans sings the Left go Left song, ok it may be a bit corny, so what.
Every week we get another "Don't like that chant/song" moan.........maybe just sing the Simon and Garfunkel song eh "Sound Of Silence"..........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Did it put you off politely clapping the home supporters when the attendance was announced

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Almost the perfect NSC post. Criticise an attempt to get atmosphere, use of the terms embarrassing and tinpot. Just needed a cringe in there and you would have completed the set.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here