Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Danny Baker's life to become BBC drama series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well the first two books were truly 'LOL' so if the third continues in the same mould then happy days. Pity about the 'Wall though Dan!

I remember Danny Baker saying that the " New Den was a magnificent stadium compared to the old Den but with one glaring error, the idiots put seats in facing the pitch ! "

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
His 'MICKEY THOMMMMMMAAAASSSS! MICCCKKKKEEYYYY THOMMMASSSS!' commentary when the Gooners won the league on Merseyside is up there with 'They think it's all over...' for some of us.
:thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As good a place as any...

On last weeks 5-live show Danny interviewed Jah Wobble and it's well worth listening too.

I didn't know much about Mr Wobble but it turns out he's quite an 'earthy' raconteur.
Naturally talking to his friend, the master of 'earthy' raconteurism, made for a very enjoyable half an hour.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Missed this thread a few weeks ago: looks interesting. Mrs Gwylan was a teenage friend of Danny Baker, I bet she'll watch that with interest

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
A lovely bloke with a completely irrational loathing of Palace.
Rational or not; being a Millwall fan of a certain age he probably loathed Palace since the early 1960s quite a few years before we Brighton fans [the Dolphins] started to loathe them, irrationally or not.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Danny Baker is one of the best radio presenters around. I could listen to him all day. I remember those dark days of the 90's, travelling back from The Goldstone having witnessed another defeat/protest and listening to his phone-in - the only thing that cheered me up. As for the irrational hatred of Palace, that's an oxymoron, ain't it?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Danny Baker is one of the best radio presenters around. I could listen to him all day. I remember those dark days of the 90's, travelling back from The Goldstone having witnessed another defeat/protest and listening to his phone-in - the only thing that cheered me up. As for the irrational hatred of Palace, that's an oxymoron, ain't it?
Much copied for sure but you guys seem to be ignoring the fact that Millwall have been Palace's major rivals for decades before we joined in in 1977.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here