Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ipod classic

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I must behind the times. Went in to the Apple store today in Watford, and just asked a general question about if and when the ipod classic would ever be updated. 'Oh no sir, we do not sell them here anymore, you can only get them on line' was the answer. I have all of my music on the classic, and its too big for a itouch. So I have just have to like it or lump it I suppose.:)

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
I must behind the times. Went in to the Apple store today in Watford, and just asked a general question about if and when the ipod classic would ever be updated. 'Oh no sir, we do not sell them here anymore, you can only get them on line' was the answer. I have all of my music on the classic, and its too big for a itouch. So I have just have to like it or lump it I suppose.:)

I'm in the same position and it's bloody annoying. Massive mark up online, so I'm tempted to go for a 'refurbished' one or whatever they call it. I had a lot of audiobooks and podcasts on mine as well as music, and it comfortably held the lot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think of the Ipod Classic like an indestructible old fashioned car, basic but very rugged and long lived. I still use one that I bought in 2002. Pretty damned impressive longevity

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
My Classic developed a fault recently and as it was still under warranty they replaced it. When I remarked that I thought it had been discontinued they told me that it was still
manufactured to replace ones like mine but had been withdrawn from sale. So, who knows, if enough people complain they might start selling it again.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have a classic. Love it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had an iPod classic and left it on an aeroplane which was fecking annoying. Have used my sons iPhone 2 ever since

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I have 3,000 tracks on mine, is there any way, inc paying a computer shop, that I can move onto my Iphone 6+ WITHOUT using a Mac/computer!? Cheers

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I have 3,000 tracks on mine, is there any way, inc paying a computer shop, that I can move onto my Iphone 6+ WITHOUT using a Mac/computer!? Cheers

Presumably they are all in your iTunes account ?

You can just sync another device if that is the case.

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I realised the other day my ipod is almost 10 years old. Pretty beat up but still going strong! As they don't make them any more are there any other companies that make mp3 players with large capacities?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Still both going strong...

image.jpg

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The 160 GB version is in demand. Second hand ones go for more than you'd expect.

I still love mine.

I remember deciding to get to get the 120 not the 160 and hearing a little voice in the back of my head saying 'you'll regret that' in the long run. And I do as it nears capacity.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another vote for the Classic. Had mine 7 years and still going strong.

Note to Apple - not everyone wants to spend ages synching stuff on and off their phone, some people actually don't want to answer calls while listening to music, there are areas where there is no mobile reception and I actually find it quite therapeutic download stuff from iTunes on to my iPod.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here