Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ireland v Zimbabwe

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
No-one else watching this? Zimbabwe need 7 runs from 5 balls with 1 wicket left after a Joyce ton

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Ireland win by 5 runs. This game had it all. Controversial catch, tail ender slogging and last over drama.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Ed continues his good form into the summer. If our new quicks bed in, we could be quite difficult to beat.

Great game btw.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I know it's always mentioned but the ICC really need to look at fast-tracking Ireland to test status.

I'm not going to lie and say the country is downing tools and huddled round the tv's, but every four years people really do get behind this in Ireland. And then it all but disappears off the radar. We know Ireland can produce handy enough players.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Great to watch indeed. However the six that was given out was a disgrace from both the fielder and the officials point of view. The fielder acting as though his foot dodn't touch the boundary was bad bad sportsmanship. There is no excuse for it at any level of sport. Officials too should have referred it upstairs or there should have been upstairs intervention. Anyway congrats to Ireland, scoring 300+ in WCC matches is good in any game.

TNBA

TTF

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I know it's always mentioned but the ICC really need to look at fast-tracking Ireland to test status.

I'm not going to lie and say the country is downing tools and huddled round the tv's, but every four years people really do get behind this in Ireland. And then it all but disappears off the radar. We know Ireland can produce handy enough players.

o'duckworth o'lewis ruling...!!???

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Great to watch indeed. However the six that was given out was a disgrace from both the fielder and the officials point of view. The fielder acting as though his foot dodn't touch the boundary was bad bad sportsmanship. There is no excuse for it at any level of sport. Officials too should have referred it upstairs or there should have been upstairs intervention. Anyway congrats to Ireland, scoring 300+ in WCC matches is good in any game.

TNBA

TTF

think it was referred mate.....but the guy had a bucket on his head..!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The "lesser" nations really have done well on the whole, its a joke that the next world cup will have 10 sides, whilst it is currently to long they should not cut the numbers, if anything they should increase.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
The "lesser" nations really have done well on the whole, its a joke that the next world cup will have 10 sides, whilst it is currently to long they should not cut the numbers, if anything they should increase.

Don't understand the length at all. Cricket is almost unique amongst team sports in that you can play the next day. Yet teams are going 10 days between matches.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

TNBA

TTF

I think you're being harsh on the fielder. He might ever so slightly brush the boundary, but it's so so slight I don't think you can say that he definitely knew he did.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

I'm against the reduction in teams but you overstate the case here. Aside from Ireland, the non test playing nations have been shit, there have been some horrific mismatches.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

TNBA

TTF

It was referred, wasn't it?

I don't know how you can be so certain his foot touched the boundary 'rope'. The third official didn't seem to think so and I certainly couldn't tell from the replays.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here