Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Router Advice Needed

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I want to replace my BT Home Hub 3 that I use with BT Infinity. Wireless range has always seemed poor and now drops out frequently plus I'd like one or two extra Ethernet ports (currently four). Happy to spend up to £150 but I have no idea what brand or spec to go for? Ideas please?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I want to replace my BT Home Hub 3 that I use with BT Infinity. Wireless range has always seemed poor and now drops out frequently plus I'd like one or two extra Ethernet ports (currently four). Happy to spend up to £150 but I have no idea what brand or spec to go for? Ideas please?

The HH3 has always had a few issues. the HH5 gets very good reviews and is a great improvement. £76 from BT : http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI1NzI5NDE5L3NpZC9VNVN6RUlnbQ==

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
One technology all people should consider is powerline adapters - using your home's power lines as a wired internet network.

Faster than wi-fi and less likely to slowly cook your family's brains.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/network-wifi/3490638/15-best-powerline-adapters-2015-uk/
I like the idea in principle, but do the adapters connect wirelessly to the device in the room or do they need a wire? If that's the case, they are useless for phones/tablets.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have a fairly large four bedroom house. Router is upstairs in the office. I have got a free Sky WiFi adapter next to the Sky box but PCWorld sell from £20. Linked to this is an eight output ethernet switch, £9. PC World for reference, Amazon probably cheaper. For me the WiFi is strong throughout the house and garden, I have an ethernet output in the office plus at the entertainment area i have my TV, DVD, Sky, back up hard drive, slingbox, wii and heating all connected up. Works for me. Feel free to ask if you need more info.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here