Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Gilmour

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Have you seen what the secondary sites (parasites) are charging for tickets? The Royal Albert Hall is so vast, there's not much point in going unless you have a seat in the first 10 rows. Seats that are barely in the same county as the stage are freely available for the best part of £400, by the time you pay their 'service charge' and £10 postage. It's obscene that the parasites can make more money out of the concert than the artist. It's really pi$$ed me off !

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
According to the ticket website - to avoid scalping, the name of the purchaser will appear on the ticket, the purchaser must attend the gig, and must take photo ID to identify him/herself on entry.

How rigorously this is enforced remains to be seen.

When I saw that the tickets were £100 each, Mrs Fef and I decided we couldn't really afford it, and to give it a miss. Sadly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A mate text me and asked me if I wanted him to get a ticket for me. With them starting at £68 I declined as those would likely be up in the gods at the RAH and I wouldn't pay much more than that to see anybody.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to the ticket website - to avoid scalping, the name of the purchaser will appear on the ticket, the purchaser must attend the gig, and must take photo ID to identify him/herself on entry.

How rigorously this is enforced remains to be seen.

When I saw that the tickets were £100 each, Mrs Fef and I decided we couldn't really afford it, and to give it a miss. Sadly.

I have been to a number of gigs where names are printed on the tickets and I have always had my ID cross-checked with the ticket.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I can see that touts are a necessary evil in some cases, but i f*cking hate them.

Was excited about the tickets, but saw the prices. I love the bloke but not that much. I saw him at his DVD premiere a few years back and that was a great night. Might be the only time.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Gig prices being so extortionate (at their retail prices) are a direct result of music piracy. The artists have to make their money somehow and gig prices are all they have left (and t-shirts etc. at those gigs).

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
You've had 40 years to get cheaper tickets to see them just move on, you've missed the boat, it ain't worth it for just Comfotably Numb & Wish you were Here
I've seen the Stones down to £12.50 & The Who to £4.50 & the gigs had more bounce & better voices. Why would I pay £400 for the same Stones view?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Gig prices being so extortionate (at their retail prices) are a direct result of music piracy. The artists have to make their money somehow and gig prices are all they have left (and t-shirts etc. at those gigs).

utter garbage. gid prices are what they are because of all those involved wanting a cut and the demand.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Have you seen what the secondary sites (parasites) are charging for tickets? The Royal Albert Hall is so vast, there's not much point in going unless you have a seat in the first 10 rows. Seats that are barely in the same county as the stage are freely available for the best part of £400, by the time you pay their 'service charge' and £10 postage. It's obscene that the parasites can make more money out of the concert than the artist. It's really pi$$ed me off !

That's just nonsense, I've had some amazing experiences there watching great bands and artists and never been anywhere near the stage. It's all about an attitude of mind, if you go intent on having a good time and enjoying the experience then you will, wherever you sit.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's just nonsense, I've had some amazing experiences there watching great bands and artists and never been anywhere near the stage. It's all about an attitude of mind, if you go intent on having a good time and enjoying the experience then you will, wherever you sit.

Typically I like to be close to the action and for 99.9% of gigs I am. I have been to a few at the O2 though, and sat way back, and it's quite an enjoyable experience watching the gig as opposed to just the band. I saw Depeche Mode from a distance and watching the crowd, and their interaction with the band, and the atmosphere the crowd creates, was a very positive and different experience. I agree with you, it can work very well.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

The Royal Albert Hall is not vast, it is in fact smaller than you think if you have not been there. However it is a great place to watch bands etc because of the acoustics and the design of the balconies give you a great view.
I saw Luther Vandross there and my seat halfway up in the gods, front row was a great seat.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Well I have 2 tickets for me and my good lady costing £100 each (bought during pre-sale) and cannot wait.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Well I have 2 tickets for me and my good lady costing £100 each (bought during pre-sale) and cannot wait.

Enjoy :)

Only seen him with the band and mostly outdoors, miles away from the front, but still loved it.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have seen Pink Floyd several times and Roger Waters solo gigs are next best but I must admit I find Dave Gilmour's solo stuff pretty underwhelming.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here