Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jayson Molumby

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
Just seen this on twitter
[MENTION=6481]steve[/MENTION]Hopcroft: Good luck to [MENTION=13051]jay[/MENTION]_molumby15 at @OfficialBHAFC. A great player going to a great club. Good luck Jays and thanks for giving your all at WBA

Does anyone know anything about this or him?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Just seen this on twitter

[MENTION=6481]steve[/MENTION]Hopcroft: Good luck to [MENTION=13051]jay[/MENTION]_molumby15 at @OfficialBHAFC. A great player going to a great club. Good luck Jays and thanks for giving your all at WBA

Does anyone know anything about this or him?

Our man [MENTION=1276]AZ Gull[/MENTION] will be along soon. I'm sure he will have good info on him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Looks like some sort of young age-group Ireland international. He's previously tweeted (in December) that there are decisions to be made, and also RTd tweets about the Albion DS results, so one assumes it's been on the cards for a while.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I was speaking to a COFE coach earlier this week and he was saying that the Academy is already paying dividends as some of the players from under 11 upwards we have coming through are just a class apart from that which we had before. There's also a guy working with the kids called Paul Holden and I've done a couple of CPD with him and he's different class..

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was speaking to a COFE coach earlier this week and he was saying that the Academy is already paying dividends as some of the players from under 11 upwards we have coming through are just a class apart from that which we had before. There's also a guy working with the kids called Paul Holden and I've done a couple of CPD with him and he's different class..

I assume COFE means Centre of Excellence, but what's a CPD?

I do believe it will take a few years before we truly see the impact of the new training centre and Academy set up: shiny new facilities aren't going to suddenly transform existing 16 year old players from OK to brilliant. The proof of the pudding will be in four, five, six years time, when the current crop of eleven & twelve year olds- who are the ones being picked out now and recruited from under the noses of other clubs- start to reach the age where they might be in contention for first team squads.

It's all very exciting.

I do believe it will take a few years before we truly see the impact of the new training centre and Academy set up: shiny new facilities aren't going to suddenly transform existing 16 year old players from OK to brilliant. The proof of the pudding will be in four, five, six years time, when the current crop of eleven & twelve year olds- who are the ones being picked out now and recruited from under the noses of other clubs- start to reach the age where they might be in contention for first team squads.

It's all very exciting.

Normally means Continuing Professional Development.

Feb 14, 2010

Yes agreed, we can then sell any half decent players that come through to a small club like Bournemouth for a few hundred grand and see them head towards the top flight whilst we scrap around the lower reaches of the Championship

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's all very exciting.
I agree it's all very exciting, but it's still jam tomorrow - and tomorrow seems to be getting further and further away. Unless we're playing regularly in the PL, I can see those talented 11 year olds (if they've developed on) wandering through the gates of the COFE in six or so years time, heading in the general direction of Arsenal, Chelsea, ManU, Spurs, etc.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
been out to see the u8's play mini tourneys and some of the players are reaping the rewards already. they are training 3 times a week and the difference is already evident. exciting times

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
been out to see the u8's play mini tourneys and some of the players are reaping the rewards already. they are training 3 times a week and the difference is already evident. exciting times

Bring on 2023!!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
On chatting to a LONDON cabbie the other week who was involved in youth football, he said Chelsea were having a meeting to discuss why they are losing good prospects to Brighton, as said before put future looks very promising

Dec 29, 2011
On chatting to a LONDON cabbie the other week who was involved in youth football, he said Chelsea were having a meeting to discuss why they are losing good prospects to Brighton, as said before put future looks very promising

If i was 6 - 15 and looking to join a club I'd definitely join Chelsea. Mixing with high quality players from around the world and getting coaching which is second to none would be a huge draw for me. However, if I was above 15 I think Brighton may be a bigger draw for me. Once you hit that age game time starts to matter more than training techniques and at Chelsea you'd have to be something special to get regular game time for the development squads, whereas at Brighton there's actually a good chance of progressing to the first team if you perform well in the DS. How many players have come from the DS from Chelsea compared to Brighton in the last few years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here