Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock's Injury

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone know what it was / how long he's out. Just read something on a mate's FB that he bumped in to him and apparently it's a big 'un. Maybe it for the season.

EDIT - I mean metaphorically bumped in to - I don't mean he made the injury worse...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Was thinking earlier that the silence so far on the subject is unlikely to be a good thing. Shame for him if it is a season ender. He's actually played well lately in spite of not being in his natural role. Also seems like a good guy. Fingers crossed.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
A Derby fan who works at another branch of my company who coincidently had to be at our site on tue/we'd asked me who the player was that played on the left & had to go off was because he thought he looked good.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
And how the assault on him wasn't even given as a foul I will never know

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Everybody I have spoken to about that have said it wasn't a foul.i was 80 yards away so I didn't see it.

Deffo no foul. Looked like a serious knee injury to me but hope not.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Disappointing, lets just hope it doesn't carry over into next season like Stephens' has done this.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Do we have worse luck with injuries than other clubs? Probably not, but it does sometimes seem like it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Yep. Confirmed in the Argus/Seagulls.co.uk. Real shame.

Kaz to start from now on...?

Albion's big summer buy Sam Baldock has been ruled out for the rest of the season by a knee injury.

Baldock hurt a ligament late in the first half of Tuesday’s 2-0 win against Derby at the Amex.

The striker converted into a left-winger collapsed clutching the back of his right knee as he was pursued by Ryan Shotton without the Derby defender making contact.

Tests have confirmed Baldock will miss the remaining 11 games of the Championship campaign with a damaged posterior cruciate ligament, although he does not require surgery.

It is the latest in a series of blows suffered by the 25-year-old former MK Dons marksman since a £1.5 million plus move from League One Bristol City in August.

Injury niggles have limited Baldock to 22 appearances and he has spent much of the time playing out of position during the Seagulls’ struggles in the bottom half of the table.

He has scored four goals, including three in the space of four recent home appearances playing on the left-wing under Chris Hughton, after top scoring with 24 in League One last season.

Hughton told The Argus: “He has made an important contribution since I have been here, so it’s a shame for us but more so for him.
via http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/11840413.Season_is_over_for_injured_Baldock/

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Posterior cruciate, quite unusual, but very recoverable and apparently no surgical intervention needed which is a good thing.

Hopefully will be fit for pre-season I would imagine.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Gutted it's been confirmed. He's been excellent once played regularly even if slightly out of position. Hope to see you next season Sam.

As an aside love the passive-aggressive thumbs down for breaking the news. "He knows about an injury, he must be some kind of club double agent"

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No real great loss. Reminds me of Dobbie. Waste of money frankly. The only reason it is a "loss" because we have a relatively thin squad (thanks Burke)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
No real great loss. Reminds me of Dobbie. Waste of money frankly. The only reason it is a "loss" because we have a relatively thin squad (thanks Burke)

Can't agree on that. Looked woefully inadequate under Semi because he was in and out more often then the hokey cokey in a whorehouse. Goals and assists a plenty since Christmas.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here