Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Davis Cup

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks for the warning.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
He's won now, 15-13 in the 5th. So we are 2-0 up against the USA.

For anyone who would have been interested, I'm sorry that I didn't post before - I didn't think to, I was so engrossed. Sport at its best.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Fantastic match, never really thought he'd get over the line but he played superbly. Considering the serve he was facing, he served brilliantly himself. We should lose the doubles, but Murray should beat Isner on Sunday - far better player than the 6' 10" American.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Ashamed to admit I gave up when James went 2 nil down. Went out (it's Friday right!) and absolutely gobsmacked to see he had won. Gutted I missed it, apparently he got a bigger roar than Murray!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Ashamed to admit I gave up when James went 2 nil down. Went out (it's Friday right!) and absolutely gobsmacked to see he had won. Gutted I missed it, apparently he got a bigger roar than Murray!

Even though Murray was on home turf, he won very easily. Not surprised the crown was so ip after 5 hours of a match Ward gad all but lost. 14-12 in the fifth was something to applaud.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Even though Murray was on home turf, he won very easily. Not surprised the crown was so ip after 5 hours of a match Ward gad all but lost. 14-12 in the fifth was something to applaud.

Yeah, alright, don't rub it in! Watched Murray and he had his usual dip but never in doubt. He is the best British player I have ever seen. Great to see him cheering on James at the end. I was following it on BBC website. I think the Murrays have done more for British tennis than the LTA! The crowd must have been knackered at the end!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell...now the doubles pair have come from two sets down to level against the Bryans! Get watching now - final set about to start.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bollocks. USA have broken Jamie Murray's serve. 8-7 to them, serving for the match (or rubber, as I believe they call it in Davis Cup.)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Just got home to turn it on a drop their serve to go to 7-8 in the deciding set.

So it was your fault.

Brilliant effort from GB, ultimately in Vain. 9-7 in the fifth against USA is a fantastic effort, when the USA is the Bryan brothers, who NEVER lose.

Still, 2-1 to us, I still fancy us for the win tomorrow - and it keeps interest in the tie going

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here