Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T moving back to Sussex

After many years of living in Spain I'm seriously considering moving back to Sussex, at least as a home base for most of the year, I'll need to fly back to Spain from time to time as I have a business here.

Does anybody happen to know of any one or two bedroom flats to rent in the Bexhill/St.Leonards/Hastings area? I'm happy to consider other areas near the sea to the east, but property in those three towns seems to be quite a bit cheaper, and I can get more for my money than I can in say Seaford or Shoreham.

Thanks in advance.

St Leonard's is like La Linea
Hove/Shoreham/Ferring are like Marbella
You can't take it with you

Nowhere is like Extremadura. Nowhere in Spain is like Extremadura!

But Sussex is - was - home, and where my children and grandchildren are - and my football club!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
On a flight from Malaga to Gatwick we sat next to a chap who lived in Spain and worked in Farnborough Hants fir 4 days then back home for 3 then 3 days in Uk back for 4. So he spent 7 days a fortnight in each Spain and uk
When I asked the reasons he cited property in Spain was very cheap now, the discipline in schools fof his 2 children and obviously the weather and general standard of living his wage gave him in Spain.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
After many years of living in Spain I'm seriously considering moving back to Sussex, at least as a home base for most of the year, I'll need to fly back to Spain from time to time as I have a business here.

Does anybody happen to know of any one or two bedroom flats to rent in the Bexhill/St.Leonards/Hastings area? I'm happy to consider other areas near the sea to the east, but property in those three towns seems to be quite a bit cheaper, and I can get more for my money than I can in say Seaford or Shoreham.

Hastings is generally cheaper than Bexhill -do you want me to send you the details of the estate agents here to help? Just over one hour by train to Falmer and now the travel voucher means that from next season you only have to pay to Eastbourne and back.

]

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
But its cold, wet, windy and expensive.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yes we spoke about this before, didn't we. Unbelievable. I wrote about it in our newsletter last month if you are interested. Makes Lewes bonfire look like a Sunday School Bible class - see page 5 View attachment 63671

yeah,but I went to a firework display in San Sébastian and it was far superior to anything back home

but it wasn't Bonfire Night!

no place like home:thumbsup:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Sorry don't know the property market in that part of Sussex however the season ticket free travel been extend to Eastbourne:cool:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
You should move to Crawley, I heard that "Before becoming a pro boxer CHRIS EUBANK was seen visiting his cousin in Broadfield and at The Imperial pub".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here