Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who would make a good captain out of the present squad?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
One player stands out for me and that is Kayal. He has been a fantastic signing and his drive and ability has changed the way we play. Instead of sideways ,sideways back and forwards , with his movement and passing it is forwards. I love the guy. I hope Hughton has a few more signings up his sleeve.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
One player stands out for me and that is Kayal. He has been a fantastic signing and his drive and ability has changed the way we play. Instead of sideways ,sideways back and forwards , with his movement and passing it is forwards. I love the guy. I hope Hughton has a few more signings up his sleeve.

Dunk, Stockdale and, obviously, Calde would all make excellent Captains IMHO - although it is not just about matchday performance, it is a lot to do with behaviour in training, in the dressing room and off the field - most of which isn't visible to those outside the squad. Thinking ahead to the summer, giving the armband to Dunk may be enough to keep him happy at the club for a little longer than he otherwise would be.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Bruno/Calde

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Dunk, Stockdale and, obviously, Calde would all make excellent Captains IMHO - although it is not just about matchday performance, it is a lot to do with behaviour in training, in the dressing room and off the field - most of which isn't visible to those outside the squad. Thinking ahead to the summer, giving the armband to Dunk may be enough to keep him happy at the club for a little longer than he otherwise would be.

Stockdale, maybe. Calde, possibly, if he's a regular. Dunk is a no for me though. I fundamentally disagree with buying loyalty with the captaincy, plus he's just not an influential player. It's Kayal for me with Greer remaining as club Captain as I'm hoping he's replaced inthe summer.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Surely the 4 year contract extension that Lewis Dunk signed last summer will keep him happy here for another 3 seasons?

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Always thought Dunk but after only a few games Kayal without a doubt, seems to able to do it all on the pitch and would lead by example.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Stockdale, maybe. Calde, possibly, if he's a regular. Dunk is a no for me though. I fundamentally disagree with buying loyalty with the captaincy, plus he's just not an influential player. It's Kayal for me with Greer remaining as club Captain as I'm hoping he's replaced inthe summer.

Never think G/ks should be captain. Name me one team with a g/k skipper that's done well.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Never think G/ks should be captain. Name me one team with a g/k skipper that's done well.

936full-dino-zoff.jpg

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Deffo Kayal. Crofts wouldn't be a bad choice either

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Surely the 4 year contract extension that Lewis Dunk signed last summer will keep him happy here for another 3 seasons?

Or secure/inflate the price he is sold for?

I don't think many would be surprised to see him leave for the PL in the summer. However, Captain at BHA might be more attractive for him than squad member at, say, WBA??

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Or secure/inflate the price he is sold for?

I don't think many would be surprised to see him leave for the PL in the summer. However, Captain at BHA might be more attractive for him than squad member at, say, WBA??

I would be surprised. Too many basic defensive errors for me at the moment, from what I have seen. The lad has talent, but he has to sort those out if he has ambitions to play in the PL. Of course, he may just want to be a squad player on inflated wages, but I would be surprised if any PL teams came knocking this summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here