Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Council parking ticket rules

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Possibly the most pointless piece of legislation ever - 30 mins becomes 40 mins and then people will whinge that they were only a few seconds after the cut off for the 10 min leeway.... Anyone know if there is an election coming up?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why would someone get excited just because you're paying for 40 mins instead of 30?

Mikeyjh is right, the goal posts have been moved but they are still there. People on here will be whinging when they get a ticket at 41 minutes.

Why would someone get excited just because you're paying for 40 mins instead of 30?

Mikeyjh is right, the goal posts have been moved but they are still there. People on here will be whinging when they get a ticket at 41 minutes.

Today's headline in the Daily Fail FFS! I get sick of Fat Boy Pickles spouting off as though motorists (and I am one) are some kind of oppressed ethnic minority. How hard can it be to follow some simple rules on parking?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Today's headline in the Daily Fail FFS! I get sick of Fat Boy Pickles spouting off as though motorists (and I am one) are some kind of oppressed ethnic minority. How hard can it be to follow some simple rules on parking?

Lest we forget that Pickles once claimed that weekly bin collections (as opposed to fortnightly) were a human right! He lives on a different planet.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People that work for the council are generally c***s

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Possibly the most pointless piece of legislation ever - 30 mins becomes 40 mins and then people will whinge that they were only a few seconds after the cut off for the 10 min leeway.... Anyone know if there is an election coming up?

How about doing the same with speeding limits ? You are right, you just move the goalposts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In Steyning we are allowed to park for free for 4 hours with the proviso you cannot return to the car park for a second 4 hour block until at least one full hour has elapsed. If you simply move your car within the car park they can issue you with a parking ticket.

A parking attendant explained to me this week: "The idea is you park for 4 hours, then you can go away and have lunch for an hour, then come back and repark."

I'd didn't bother pointing out that by making people go away she was depriving the High Street of income. I see the same people every day, moving their cars when the attendants aren't around, or having to quit the car park altogether when they are around.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
I don't. We now separate recycling from landfill. Works well in B/Hill. People need to think a bit more about what they throw away or, more imporantly, how much they buy in the first place.

Heaven forbid people being made to think about their consumption, and its life after being discarded. All Kemptown's communal bins overflowing after 2 days without lorries, sickening amount of waste.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In Steyning we are allowed to park for free for 4 hours ...
I'd didn't bother pointing out that by making people go away she was depriving the High Street of income.

are you suggesting there is more in Steyning high street than can be covered in a 4 hour trip? the restrictions are to prevent workers filling up the car park so that shoppers cant find a space.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
are you suggesting there is more in Steyning high street than can be covered in a 4 hour trip? the restrictions are to prevent workers filling up the car park so that shoppers cant find a space.

No, I'm saying the car park itself it big enough to cope but the long stay spaces are less than 20% and fill up with health workers who arrive for the early shift. Hence the song and dance that full-time workers have to go through every lunchtime moving their cars in among the short term space.

High streets like Steyning need to offer free parking in order to compete with Tescos. Full time employees are also an important contributor to the high streets shops too. The money raised in penalties just about covers the costs of employing parking attendants to fine people, it's small minded district council bollocks like this that hamper high streets up and down the country.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't. We now separate recycling from landfill. Works well in B/Hill. People need to think a bit more about what they throw away or, more imporantly, how much they buy in the first place.

I am not sure emptying the bins is a criteria that will make many buy less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here