Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you have any connection with an Amateur Sports Club...this is for you

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi All

I am working on a project with the GB Olympians and Active Sussex called #yourclubyourathletes and it is designed to drive funding into local sports clubs.

Over the last two years, the Olympians have delivered a series of Experience Days and Team Events, which have netted good causes £191,750, additional revenues on top of that have funded the athletes and yes...me as well.

At the end of April, the Athletes are attending a private Auction event in London, where on the night one sporting good cause will receive 100% of the proceeds from the Auction of Athlete Experiences. If you have any affiliation with an Amateur Sports Club (this does not include Crystal Palace FC), then we are running #GoldRush a one question Facebook Quiz, so the App can choose a winner at random.

If chosen you and the good cause will be invited to the event, or the good cause can take the places for their own fundraising event. Either way, there is a minimum of £6K of funding that can be won...plus the individual who wins gets to go on an experience of their choosing.

The angle? Simply to alert as many sports clubs as possible to the five week online auction in March/April, where for a fixed price, purchasers can secure their places on these Experience Days AND nominate their choice of good cause to benefit.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me or the Marketing team at Active Sussex. You may also feel inspired to follow the Inspired Tweets on the subject @BritishAthletes and @ActiveSussex.

Whilst it might not be for you, it maybe for others, and I hope that if you can pile into http://www.facebook.com/legacy300 we hope that a Sussex (and Albion loving club) will win the contest.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Hi All: Apparently there is no sports club in Sussex currently in need of funds...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here