Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possibly the strangest phone call I have ever received

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
0844 327 1901. I recognised it as being the club due to the '1901' bit.

I then had a heavily-accented Spanish chap, Calde presumably, give me a bit of a bollocking for missing games, that we've been scoring and winning (I think).

The call then went dead.

I wouldn't mind but I have been going.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Very Clever Marketing by the club

Missed the last few games as the little one has been ill and just been "called" by Calde to ask where the hell I have been!

It was obviously recorded and I am sure a few will get them but brilliant!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I got an e-mail before the Derby game along those lines:

TOGETHER IN 2015/16

We’re sorry that you missed some of the action over the last few games at the Amex. To show you what you have missed we have pulled together some of the highlights from our last two home matches. We hope you can join us tomorrow night and play your part in what we hope will be another special night at the Amex against league leaders Derby.

Thanks for your continued support.

Thing is, I've not missed a game since December.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Should I receive an unsolicited call from a heavily-accented Spanish chap giving me a bollocking I shall be referring the matter to my legal advisors.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I got an e-mail before the Derby game along those lines:

TOGETHER IN 2015/16

We’re sorry that you missed some of the action over the last few games at the Amex. To show you what you have missed we have pulled together some of the highlights from our last two home matches. We hope you can join us tomorrow night and play your part in what we hope will be another special night at the Amex against league leaders Derby.

Thanks for your continued support.

Thing is, I've not missed a game since December.

It's the one in December he's referring to

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I was so confused! I couldn't hear anything he was saying - it just sounded like an angry Spanish man and I thought it was one of my clients, calling me up to have a moan.

Admittedly I have missed the last 2 games, due to work, so I guess I do deserve a telling off from Calde!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
I was so confused! I couldn't hear anything he was saying - it just sounded like an angry Spanish man and I thought it was one of my clients, calling me up to have a moan.

Admittedly I have missed the last 2 games, due to work, so I guess I do deserve a telling off from Calde!

Quite right too, slacker.
COG will be on at you tomorrow [emoji1]

Because I live in Spain I've only been to two games this season over Christmas. A friend has used my ticket for a few games but I think for around 50% of the time nobody has been in my seat.

Nobody called me, recorded or otherwise to tell me what I've missed. Does Paul Barber not love me any more? :tantrum:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Because I live in Spain I've only been to two games this season over Christmas. A friend has used my ticket for a few games but I think for around 50% of the time nobody has been in my seat.

Nobody called me, recorded or otherwise to tell me what I've missed. Does Paul Barber not love me any more? :tantrum:

Can't afford the calls to Spain.

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver, Canada
He just called me to remind me to renew my season ticket. Very very confusing.

"Hello, its Iñigo Calderon, just to remind you, you have until March 19th to renew your season ticket."

Yeah, whatever Calde, I've still got two weeks, yeah?

The Original

Jan 25, 2010
50.83295°N 0.26815°W
Just had the call.... No bollocking but a recorded message from Calde reminding me of ST renewal deadline on 19th March. Hadn't seen this thread beforehand, gave me a fright answering the phone to Inigo whilst sat at work desk! Makes a nice change to PPI bullshit at least.....

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

If I were you I would demand a call from Calde IN SPANISH (or maybe Bruno as his dialect is probably nearer to that down your way)

:lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If there's a knock on the door this afternoon I'm not going to answer it.

(The club should do this to a few fans)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here